Romero

{Chapter Three: Romero}

The fluorescent blue light faded into a green blur, and soon I was able to distinguish the pine trees one by one. I smiled. This never gets old. The pure beauty of being able to transport myself between two separate realms never ceases to amaze me. The undeniable power of technology.

I drove straight for about ten minutes on the two lane road when the road split into two seperate highways. I drove towards the one on the right and pressed the gas pedal down further, I love the adrenaline and rush that comes to me when driving at maximum speeds. But I was driving at high speeds, not only for my own amusement, but because I need to get there before he does.

Shit, this is going to be a real close one.

It wasn't long before I saw a freeway entrance and I turned left, entering the freeway. I sped all the way to Romero's billion dollar mansion without being stopped by a human police cop- it's not like they would be able to catch up anyways.

I exited the freeway and hit another two-lane road. Half a mile down the road, I see a golden gate. No, they didn't conceal heaven, as a matter of a fact those golden gates held the entryway to hell. The gates open as I reach them and I zoom pass them. I drove for another five minutes down a dirt road and that's when Romero's mansion came into my view: it was three floors tall, white, and exclusive. I drove around the huge fountain and parked in front of the curb.

I grabbed my purse from the passenger seat and exited my car. I closed the door shut and dashed up the porch steps to the front door. I open the door and the huge foyer comes into my view as I step over the threshold. The tiles, newly waxed, were black with white specks giving the illusion that they were stars. The huge chandelier above my head illuminated the whole room and made the floors shine. Portraits containing famous paintings, which were stolen I might add, were hanging on the walls to give the place an antique feeling to it and give you a sense of not belonging. The whole mansion screamed "Expensive!" and you were nothing but trash compared to it.

I closed the door shut behind me and forced my ears to listen for any indication that Romero had arrived before me, my mind already running through the hundreds of excuses I could give him. It was deadly silent. I let out a breath of relief but urgency swarmed my motives and I realized that I still needed to hurry. I dashed up the porcelain stairs and made a mad dash to my bedroom in the second floor. I opened the door and entered the bedroom. I closed the door behind me and leant against the door, clutching my purse to my chest.

This bedroom was huge, twice as big as the one I had in Prima Lucé. It had a bed against the right wall and an extravagant small bar in the left corner. I dashed to the windows that overlooked the front of the mansion and closed the curtains. I checked the bedroom for any signs of cameras, there were none. I'm surprised... Does Romero really trust me that much?

It's amazing what 'love' can do. It can blind the most smartest of fools.

I head over to the mini bar in the corner and retrieve the medication bottle from my purse. I reach underneath the bar and untape the mini medication bottle stuck there. I pop open the cap and see that there are only two pills left inside the bottle. It's a good thing Jackson gave me some more!

I open the white medication bottle that Jackson gave me and pour some of the pills into the mini medication bottle. I pop the top back on and retape the mini medication bottle underneath the bar. I close the white medication bottle and sprint towards the restroom. The restroom is grand as well.

It has a huge shower, enough to bathe ten people, and a hot tub. I walk to the sink and crouch down. I open the cabinet below the sink and hide the white medication bottle all the way to the back of the cabinet and used some soft cotton towels to cover it up.