Paisley's Demise

Chapter 17

Adriana rubbed her temples when she woke up. A big headache was hurting her head. She opens her eyes and found herself in a hospital bed. Her arms were wired and hooked to machines. A panicked expression appeared on her face.

She didn't want the doctors testing her blood. If they did they might something odd. Adriana grabbed the wires and ripped them off her body. Not wincing or grunting at the pain.

Rolling off the bed and touching the floor slowly. Adriana stood up straight and began to walk out of the hospital room. She looked around to make sure no one was looking at her. Then she saw that there was no one.

It was completely quiet. No one was in the hospital. It smelt like no one has been in here for years. Adriana couldn't even hear anything.

Confusion surrounded her. She turned back to the room she came from. The room was no longer there. Adriana slowly began to walk down the empty hallway. Her bare feet made no sound against the cold floor. Where is everybody? Chelan? You there?

There was no sound. It actually terrified her. Adriana turned a corner and continued to walk. She froze in place when the scent suddenly hit her. Blood. . .

Adriana immediately began to run. Running quickly toward the bloody scent. Her footsteps were still silent. The scent grew stronger and stronger. She hears loud whimpers and crying.

Turning another corner. Adriana froze in horror at the sight she sees.

Paisley laid there on the ground. Blood was all over her. Her wrists were slit, ankles looked grotesque. The only thing that really terrified her was that Paisley's head. . .was decapitated.

Adriana collapsed and crawled away. Tears began to run down her face. "P-Paisley. . .!" she choked on her words. The blood on the floor pooled around Paisley's form. It looked like a liquid mirror. Adriana could barely breathe as the scent of death and blood choked her nostrils.

Struggling to stand back up. Adriana gripped her thighs as she tried to keep her balance. Her eyes never left Paisley's form.

Paisley is dead! She's dead because of me!

Spinning around and about to run away. She froze when she found a hooded figure right in front of her. It's face was covered with the hood. There was no scent on the person. As if it wasn't alive. Adriana caught sight of a sword in his hand. A scream escaped her lips and began to run the other direction.

The hooded figure followed after her. Adriana looked behind her and saw how he followed her. She picks up speed and runs faster. She saw another figure at the end of the hallway. Adriana skidded to a halt and fell on the ground again.

About to take off running the direction she ran from. Seeing the hooded figure now had his hood down. Revealing it was a young male. His hair was blonde with black streaks. Scars were all over the man's face. Adriana felt like she knew the man somehow.

"Get down." he ordered before swinging his sword. Adriana ducked in time when the sword nearly lopped off her head. She felt the blade whoosh pass her head. The tip grazed upon her scalp but didn't cut her. A sudden scream silenced her. Adriana turns around to see the other figure was stabbed.

Never had she felt this much fear. Adriana felt like all her fears were coming up like a volcano. She saw the man fall and lay in his own pool of blood. Turning around to look at the man who was probably the good guy. He looked nice and calm.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he held out his hand. Adriana caught sight of tattoos all over his arm. It looked the same as the ones on her body. She grasped his arm and stood up.

Looking back at Paisley's dead body. "This isn't a nightmare is it?" Adriana asked him. Even if she didn't know him. She knew he'd know the answer. "I'm sorry to say it is. She's dead." he spoke in sadness. He touched Adriana's shoulder in a brotherly way. "What's your name?" she finally asks.

"Akilla." he spoke calmly.