Chapter 11

"That is enough." Ypolous opened his eyes and looked up at Siopi, who had stopped the training. He looked irritated and disappointed, making Ypolous lower his head in shame. "What is it exactly that you are not getting?" Siopi asked.

"The counting is distracting! I can't focus on Zekke if I gotta count how long to do it for before I kill him or he kills me!"

"You need to be able to do both. Soon with enough practice you won't need to count. Let's keep going." Zekke encouraged. Siopi looked at him, concerned. "Zekke this isn't safe." He proceeded. Zekke smirked and sighed. "Trust me I've dealt with worse kids than him, we will be fine Sio. Go check on the girls! I'm pretty sure you can keep them entertained. See if Jez got my box open, or if Quainle came back!"

"No. I will stay here and supervise this."

"Wow, turning down your lover to watch?! If you insist." Zekke turned to Ypolous, and readied his stance. "One thing I've noticed from you, your reaction time is off."

"Huh? How am I supposed to know when someone is gonna attack?!"

"Watch my face, my body, my hands, but be careful, your opponent will see you looking around on them, and catch you off guard. I want you to figure out how to watch everything while looking into my eyes." Ypolous stared at Zekke like he was a crazy two-headed chicken. "This is nearly impossible!" He yelled.

"You will get the hang of it, just try." Zekke smirked and closed his fists, raised them up, and stood still. Ypolous thought for a minute, then stared blankly into his eyes. He glanced at his hands, his feet, his body, his face, but found nothing. He began to panic, but held strong to his stance. Luckily, he was able to dodge small, fast fiery balls Zekke shot at him. Shocked and impressed, both of them laughed. "See? Told ya' you could do it!" Zekke grinned brightly.

"You squint your right eye slightly before attacking, and your fists tighten!" Ypolous bounced happily around. "Aye, don't expose me now." Zekke laughed. Sio watched the both of them and sighed hard. "Let's go again." Zekke suggested, and before Ypolous could gather himself, he used his supernatural speed to dodge from side to side all the way up to him, who's eyes widened as his hand stretched into what seemed to be last minute slow motion (also known as Ypolous watching his life flash before his eyes). He stood frozen, thinking to himself that it was too late, and that he would die, but Zekke paused and smiled. "We're going to play a game of tag.~" He whispered. Ypolous stood still, his ears lowered and his tail tucked, and trembling, as Zekke stood up and looked at him. "My father taught Sio and I this game! It works like this, I charge at you as if I were to attack, and the second I touch you, you're done-...ah, well 'it'...in this case. But you can do any means necessary to keep me from touching you."

"So I can hurt you to keep you off of me?"

"Hah... well not hurt me.. but attack me." He scratched his temple nervously, remembering how easy it was for Ypolous to crumble and set on fire a whole house. "Hey can one of you come in here for a second, C.J. isn't in the basement!" Jeznee yelled out her widow. Zekke tensed up fast and his eyes shot open at Siopi. "Don't look at me, I was not the one who wanted to keep her." He sneered. Zekke ran past him inside and straight to the basement, finding the door open wide. "I went to go give her some food because you keep her like an animal locked down there, but the window was busted open and I can't find her anywhere!" Jeznee mentioned. Zekke's quick anger and building frustration sounded out in a loud but brief groan as he ran down the steps. Jeznee followed behind, and hearing his groan, Santiago and Ypolous ran down after him. Siopi stayed outside. "How the fuck did any of you not hear the glass breaking?!" Zekke yelled. "The same way you did! Don't take this out on us, she's your responsibility!" Jeznee shot back.