Chapter 5

"J-Jeznee! Slow down!" 

"Anaya, keep up!" A quick, one second break to wipe off sweat, and a strong kick to the forearm breaking the block, then an even stronger round-house kick that, luckily, was dodged. "What's got into you?! You're angrier than usual!" Anaya winced and rubbed her forearm. Jeznee took off her gloves. "Never mind. Get up, let's go again."

"Bare handed?!"

"Yes."

"Jez, what's going on-" Anaya caught sight of a big bruise on her chest. "He didn't do that, did he?!" Jeznee swung hard, but she ducked and swiftly moved to the side. "Wait a minute! Can we talk this out?!"

"Shut up, Ana." 

"Jeznee!" 

"What?!" Anaya grabbed her hands and looked in her eyes. "I'm reporting him." Her voice stood strong and firm. Jeznee glared at her. "Don't!"

"Why not?! You think him beating on you is going to make things any better?!"

"You know our situation, Ana. You can't do that!"

"Why don't you just move in with me?! Jez, this has to stop."

"And it will if you keep your mouth shut." She pulled away and grabbed her things. Ana followed her. "Are you leaving now?!" She yelled. Jeznee fixed her pony tail and threw on her shirt. "I'm going to go take a shower, I will text you later." 

"No you're not. You're going to go see him again."

"Maybe not tonight."

"Jez, why don't you stay over? My mom loves you!"

"No way, not with your creep-of-a-brother. He always is staring at my boobs or my ass when i'm around him."

"Well lets rent a room!"

"Quit it Anaya. I will be fine, it was one small argument we had."

"That bruise says otherwise. You're my best friend, and you know how this makes me feel!"

"I don't do sappy, and you know this. Bye, Ana!" Anaya watched as she walked out and frowned. Jeznee put in her earbuds and started her music. With the beat of her song, she began running home. The alleyways seemed darker than normal, and something seemed to be watching her. A purple tint whipped into one of the alleyways in a blur, and disappeared. "What the hell..?!" She mumbled to herself, and peeked in that alley. "Hey!" She yelled. Nothing. Now weary, she began to walk away, and speed up back into her run, but a black cat screamed and bolted past her, scaring her badly, and running off. "JESUS F-" She screamed, and groaned. "God I hate cats! Fucking scrawny ass thing!" Once again, she began running, but a cold hand forcefully grabbed her, covered her mouth, and tried pulling her in the darkness. She fought back hard and tried pulling away. Growling and yelping sounded near her, but it wasn't any cat. "LET... GO OF ME!" Yelled Jeznee, and out rolled a young boy. Ypolous. He bit the hands that tried grabbing him and bit the hands attacking her. Then when they got into the light, the hands retreated into the dark, and they looked at each other. Jeznee screamed and backed up some, and Ypolous' set of ears dropped and his eyes widened. "Kid, halloween is over, it's January! The hell you got those things on for?!"

"Quoi?!" (What?!)

"And a tail?! You nearly scared me half to death kid, don't go around doing tha- ...why the hell are you in an alley!?"

"Qu'est-ce que tu dis?!" (What are you saying?!)

"French..? You're not from here are you?" Ypolous gave up in trying to understand her. He just flicked his tail and listened. She noticed his ears and tail moving, black, large eyes with white large pupils, fangs and horns, and stared. "Those...are real..." She mumbled. He realized that she was examining him, and nodded, flicking his right top ear. "Je m'appelle Ypolous. Je suis démon!" (My name is Ypolous. I am a demon!)