Chapter 14

"JEZNEE! COME ON!" Siopi yelled. "HOLD UP!" She screamed back. She was fighting an inexperienced cloaked demon, and stomped his face into the ground. Zekke helped fight them off while Siopi carried both Ypolous and C.j. They ran through the woods and dipped into trees and bushes. "They're overcrowding quick, what's the plan?" Zekke asked. Siopi looked around. "Where is Santiago? We need to find a place to hide for now, without everyone we wont make it out alive." He said.

"He's over west, he may have crossed the pasture I'm not su-"

"Come on, sad to say this but we need him." Siopi held C.J. and Ypolous and used his demon speed to go faster when dipping between the trees. Zekke grabbed Jeznee and did the same, pulling her along with them. The pasture appeared not to far ahead, but Siopi stopped, tossing the two high into the air. In demon time (which is fast forward by a little more than 3 seconds ahead of human time, seeming to send everything but the demons in slow motion), another cloaked demon sprinted in speed (demon speed) towards him with a long knife. Siopi dodged to the right, nearly being cut by the blade, and went to grab the demon's arm, but he used his speed to dodge the grasp, turned swiftly and aimed to slice down Siopi's left shoulder, but missed, and Sio grabbed his arm, broke it and sent a harsh elbow blow to his jaw, breaking a few bones and teeth. Both of them backed away from each other, and time returned to normal. "GRAB YPOLOUS!" Zekke yelled as he caught C.J.. Jeznee caught Ypolous before he hit the ground, and backed away with him. Siopi and the demon stared at each other in a stand off. The demon sized him up, and with his broken jaw he gave a crooked, bloody smile. Siopi growled quietly and watched him. "Shit..." he mumbled under his breath. The demon snapped his jaw back in place, and twirled the knife in his other hand. "Long live... the king..!" He growled with his smile, and lunged at him again. His speed was faster, and not having much time to react, all Sio could do was block. He pushed against the arm with the knife and pushed the demon away, grabbed him by the neck and slammed him, breaking the hard ground floor and the back of his skull. Fangs retracted out, and Jeznee and Zekke watched as he vigorously ripped the flesh from the demons neck, his fangs digging deep and pulling hard. Her face twitched with horror, wishing she never witnessed it, but Zekke nudged her. "You better get used to this, human. This is the life of demons." He growled lowly. "Keep it moving. We don't have time to waste." Siopi ordered, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

Heavy hooves pounded against the wet, leafy ground. The black horse galloped through the trees, trailing black mist behind him. Santiago rode on his back and ducked under the branches, looking behind him constantly. "We lost them, but I'm heading towards the mountains just in case." The deep voice within the horse spoke. Santiago nodded and pulled down his sleeves. They rode to the mountains and slowed their pace, the horse now walking. "Whatever is going on, it's not good. I am too far from my place, but if I turn back now I am not sure what will be expecting me there. I will return there in the morning, if you choose to still tag along, you need to be up early with me, until then we rest and-" a faint howl echoed in the air. Six more followed behind it, and the horse grew uneasy. "Can't get a break can I?" He growled. He shape shifted into a large black bear and grunted hard. Santiago shook his head and rubbed his face as he slid off his back and walked around. "Come, we will find a safe place to rest for tonight. I am running low on energy." Santiago stopped and scanned down the tall hill they were on. Two cloaked demons strolled slowly through, one disappeared in thin air, the other kept walking. Realizing that one is gone, Santiago looked around for it. In seconds, bear was taken down. The cloaked demon teleported on a different side of bear after every strike it blew. Santiago, quick to his feet, rushed at the demon, but it looked up, and his icy cold, ghost blue eyes froze him in his tracks, sending him into a daze. The other demon who accompanied him walked up behind Tiago, kicked in his knees making him fall on them, and yanked back his hair to look at his face with gloved hands. The bear was held down by the small, cloaked demon, the other seemed to pierce through Tiago's body with her eyes. Her eyes were a light grayish blue, with human like pupils. "Interesting." She mumbled through her deep British accent. She let him go and walked in front of him. The smaller demon lifted his deep trance, but still held down the bear. Santiago gasped deeply, as if waking from a horrid nightmare, and dropped on all fours, panting. His head hung low, and pounded severely. The boy blinked calmly. "What are you two doing out here? You do know what's going on around here, right?" The girl asked, fixing her glove. Santiago looked up, his breath calm but shaky. He gripped his head and glared at the little boy. He didn't blink again. The girl looked at the bear and scrunched up her face. "That's your little friend over there?" Ha, little. In a form like that, he was twice the size of a normal black bear, larger than a Grizzly. For a little boy, who looked about the age of 10, to take that down meant that his strength was crazy, but still no where near Ypolous. "Ypolous... the others... if I'm here with them... does that mean everyone else is being attacked?" Santi thought to himself. "I knew I should have left before goddamn sunrise." He thought more, looking at the bear. "Don't look at me, you're the one that wanted to play Charades." The bear growled back. "Ah! He talks! At lease one of you do! What is your name, Griz?" The girl knelt down to his snout and gave a bright smile, revealing two sets of fangs, one smaller. The bear growled and looked at her. "Why should I give my identity away to a Zepulo?" Santi began to grow uneasy, and weakly pulled himself up to his feet. The girl and the little boy pulled down their hoods. He had snowy white short hair, deathly pale skin, and his icy cold, ghost blue eyes seem to gaze out into the distance. He didn't blink, just stared. The girl looked similar to him, as if that was her little brother. She had jet black, short cut hair, one side shaved down, the other brushed up and flipped to the side. Her skin was a little more tan, but still pale. She had horns that grew from the middle of her head and curved and pointed to the front, but the boy didn't. "Too bad! I was here to help, not hurt! All well, I was getting hungry anyways." She shrugged and pulled out a double bladed dagger and walked up to Santi. Again, he was pushed down and she held the blade to his throat, but stopped and glanced down. She noticed his tattoos beginning on his neck and dipping down into his shirt. "Just who exactly are you?" She mumbled. The boy walked over to him, and gently placed his hands on his cheeks and stared into his eyes. Still, he did not blink. "Vivian, that's Santiago Gonzales, the First in Command of the Siek." The little boy said softly, pulling away from him and stepping back. She looked at him, then back at Santi. "No way, the first in command was Samil until he was killed, now it's Heroshine."