Chapter 16

"She's underweight, sir. I think it's best if you go easy on her, rather than keep pushing her to her limits. She could die."

"She will be fine. Throw water or something on her and get it over with."

"....Sir, you aren't listening-"

"No, you listen, Doc. She is fine. Now get out of my sight before you end up just like her. Go give someone their medicine or something." Heroshine waved the doctor off and walked away with his servants at his side. The doctor, fixing his glasses, looked into the glass cage at the female Omorfian. He crouched down and watched as she curled herself in the corner and sobbed near uncontrollably. She trembled in the cold, and clutched her arms, squeezing her eyes shut. "Out of all of the things, you shouldn't be going through this," he began, and took out a set of keys, "do not leave until 2:12, and break the lock when you do." He opened the lock, but kept the cage shut. Standing up, he fixed his glasses once more, turned and left. She looked at the door and watched him leave, then slowly got up and crawled over. She didn't touch the door, but just sat behind it, looking at the open lock.

The doctor, Richard, was once captured and tortured, the only way he stayed alive was by providing the past owners of the Mitochondria building his exceptional knowledge of human and demon bodies, and how to effectively heal them, as well as making potions and antibiotics that can resist certain powers and material. He knew the feeling of being captured and tortured, and couldn't stand to see her like that. "I don't care about any others, but she has something special that others need." He turned the corner of the seventh floor and walked into the elevators, taking it all the way down to the very last level, far underground, the 29th floor. It was dark, with barely any lights, and the ones that where there were dim. There was only one cage: Chameron's. In the back of the hall where the cage was, there was only one dim light, and knowing this, Richard brought a lantern. "Chameron." He called. There was no answer, instead the sound of chains rattled slightly. Richard walked closer to the cage and frowned in disappointment. "Come here." He instructed. More chain rattling sounded, but shifting and scraping sounds followed after it. "Listen here spawn of Satan, you need to hear what I am about to say to you." Richard tried again. The dim light blew above him, and a extremely deep growl sounded in the darkness. Richard lit his lamp and sighed. "When you are free, don't go out on a killing spree. Hunt down the Zepulo leader, and end him. Take her with you, she will provide safety for you." He turned and began to walk to the elevator, and the blown light slowly lit back up, a little brighter than last time. Richard pressed the elevator button to the first floor, and turned to look at Chameron as the door shut. "Good luck."

Ypolous took his hand off of Zekke's stomach and yawned. "Why didn't anyone wake me to help?" He sleepily asked. Jeznee smoothed back his hair behind his horns. "We were ok, you needed your sleep." She replied gently. Siopi threw himself on the couch and sighed hard, exhausted. "But I would have been fine! I hibernate every four months until I turn 16!" Ypolous whined.

"How old are you now?"

"12, every time I sleep it ages me. After 16 I can choose when to hibernate."

"Do you know how long you slept for?" Ypolous shook his head. "Two, almost three months."

"How long ago was the war?"

"Almost a month ago." Ypolous frowned and looked down at Zekke. "He has been hurt that long?" He asked, his voice cracking. Jeznee lifted his chin to her and smiled softly. "We are ok, Ypolous."

"And thanks to you, I get to see another day." Zekke added in. Both of them looked down at him, and Siopi looked over from the couch. Zekke smiled too, and rested there. "You're awake, finally." Jeznee said. "Yeah I just took a small nap myself, where Chris?"