Chapter 9

"Please! Please open your eyes!" Ypolous breathed harder and harder, trying to blink out the tears from his eyes. "Siopi! Don't do this!" He screamed. Siopi opened his eyes. The wind blew the open curtains around the room and made a gentle flapping noise. He sighed softly and blinked slowly. Ypolous purred gently next to him, curled up and asleep. A dream? No, a flashback. "Ypolous." He mumbled. Ypolous awoken, his fox-like ear flicked, and perked up. Seeing this, Siopi exhaled. "Thank you." He mumbled again. Ypolous laid still for a few seconds before sitting up and looking at him. Weakly, Siopi turned his head, lifted his hand and gently stroked back his ears and hair, smiling softly. Ypolous sniffled, and tried to hide his tears with a big smile. He had fallen asleep next to him crying, and didn't expect to wake up with tears still in his eyes. He looked exhausted and worn down. His fingers, veins, tip of his nose and under his eyes were grey. "You're all tired and stressed, what happened?" Siopi asked.

"It took nearly almost everything I had to save you, I wasn't letting you die..."

"Ypolous-"

"You need to rest, don't move too much."

"The only one that needs to rest is you."

"This is my first time using that type of power, I just have to adjust to it and I will be fine. Go back to sleep." Siopi studied him for a minute, and frowned. "Where is Zekke?"

"Zekke went with Santiago and Quianle."

"Where? Wait, you know his name?"

"Stop talking."

"Weak or not I will still beat you."

"I'd like to see you try." Ypolous smiled and got up. "I will be back, I need to uh... get something." Siopi quickly sat up, but winced hard and grabbed his forehead. "Ah-mmh! Hurts like my hometown, Hell."

"That's where you were shot. Right in the middle."

"Where do you think you're going?!"

"Try not to stress too much. You'll send all my blood, sweat and tears down the drain." He flicked his tail and disappeared, teleporting himself outside. "Wow, starting to get the hang of this stuff fast! I wonder how far it can take me."

"Never know until you find out." Ypolous looked up and smiled at Zekke, who walked up to him with Santiago. "Where ya' goin' kid?"

"To see Jeznee! I kinda ran away from her." Zekke paused and looked at Santiago worriedly. He turned back to Ypolous and raised an eyebrow. "Jeznee? Is this someone else you met?"

"Yep! She gets abused by her boyfriend, I'm gonna murder him one day!" He admitted cheerfully. Now Zekke was scared. "I'm gonna come with you, I wanna see who this Jeznee is."

"Yay! Follow me!" He bounced his way happily through the streets until he stood face to face with Jez's house. Loud music was playing and the windows were open. "JEZNEEEEEE!" Ypolous screamed, and teleported himself into the living room. Being inhuman, Zekke and Santiago were able to walk right through the walls into the house, and left no trace. Jeznee walked out of a room with tons of cleaning supplies, a bucket of water balanced on her head, two brooms in her hand and paper towels held between her teeth. "Jeznee!" Ypolous called over the blasting radio. She screamed, and stumbled back from Ypolous as he scared her. Zekke quickly caught the water bucket and cleaning supplies while Santiago caught her from falling. She froze and stared at him, and his eyes widened as he looked at her. "A human?!" Zekke exclaimed. She looked at all the boys, and tensed up. "Ypolous... I finally thought I got rid of you... but you come back.. you brought friends..." She mumbled. "Ouiiiiiiii!" (Yeaaahhhh!) He purred, his tail wagging. "WHAT THE HELL YPOLOUS YOU'VE MADE CONTACT WITH THE LIVING ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?! SANTIAGO DO YOU NOT SEE THIS?! HE PROBABLY HAS ATTACHED HIMSELF TO THIS TINY LIVING HEART BEAT! HEY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Zekke barked. Santiago couldn't take his eyes off of her, yet alone acknowledge that Zekke was speaking. Jeznee pulled herself off of him and stepped back, blushing hard. She glared at Ypolous harder. "More languages I can't understand, that one sounds Russian, great." She mumbled through her hand covering her mouth. Like Ypolous, being another demon near a human is hard since demons may be considered foreigners. In this case, Zekke's family comes from Russian descent, and Santiago comes from Cuba. "I haven't completely attached myself to her, that's why she can't understand us. I don't know how." Ypolous whimpered. While him and Zekke talked, Jeznee glanced around the house looking for an escape. She slowly took a few small steps back from them and looked behind her. Ypolous noticed and climbed up her back. "No!" He yelled at her. She jumped and froze again. "Ypolous, they're going to kill me." She muttered. He looked up at Santiago and Zekke, then back down at her. "Jeznee!"