Chapter 15

"Shhhhh, look." Zekke whispered. Both him and C.J. peeked out the tent and spotted two hellhounds, searching and sniffing the area. One licked up all the blood it good get, exciting it, the other paced around the burned out fire, hanging it's head low and sniffing the ground. "Be still, they react better to scent and sight, rather then touch and sound." Zekke instructed. "Is that why you set that fire? It's not going to pick up anything but the smell of smoke." C.J. responded.

"I know, the smell of the fire and smoke surrounds the camp, they will eventually leave once they figure out nothing is here-" the pace-and-sniff hound stopped sharp, growling at the direction of the tent. Both C.J. and Zekke quickly backed up and covered their mouths. "Shiiit!" Zekke quietly whined. "Whyyyyyy do you always have to jinx stuff?! Shut your mouth sometimes!!!" She quietly whispered back. The hound caught the attention of the other, and both of them circled the tent. C.J. zipped up her suit, and watched the shadows of the two dogs, and one began sniffing at the front. "Zekke." She mumbled. It sniffed harder and harder, and began pulling and nipping at the tent. "Zeeeeekkeeee!" C.J. began to panic. "Is this the dying fate you were talking about?" He teased, and formed his power in his hand. "Are you serious right now?!" She whispered back. The dog began to tear the tent and snarled, it's snout tearing into the tent and catching the sent of the two, but it stopped. Both dogs froze. A faint whistle sounded in which seemed far from the forest, calling for the dogs. They hesitated, and retreated from the camp, and ran into the trees.

Siopi grunted as he swiftly caught sleeping Ypolous in his arms, and held him close. Jeznee circled a force field around the two as they ran from the Cloaks to the pasture. "Past this pasture leads a town! If we can get away from them, we can hide until everyone else comes!" Jeznee suggested to Sio. He looked around and grew uneasy, holding Ypolous close. "I would say we turn back and find the others, but that isn't much of a option. Your idea will have to work, if it doesn't, we will get killed." He said looking back. Four demons approached, seeming to appear out of thin air. Sio placed Ypolous in Jeznee's arms, and left the force field. He took down the demons quickly and returned back into the safe dome, and they continued running until they saw the pasture. Hero walked up on the other side of the pasture, and looked around, and seeing him, Siopi grabbed Jez and pulled her behind a few fallen trees. "Who the hell is that?!" She whispered. Sio growled and watched him. "That's my new 'brother', Heroshine."

"A new Samil?"

"But worse, he is probably the cause of all this shit. Getting past him wont be easy."

"Why is he out here?! And... by himself?"

"Trust me, he is not by himself.'

"I will hold my shield for us, if approaching him isn't a good idea, then maybe we can sneak around him?"

"Maybe, but there will be plenty of obstacles in our way. No matter what, we will not survive this without a full pack, and we cannot carry Ypolous around during battle. The minute he is tossed from one person to the next, they will snatch him the next time we do it."

"We hide him. If possible we send one of the group members to run him into town while we make a distraction."

"If only you were a demon."

"Listen, I can shield. I may be good at punching and kicking and dodging but being a human up against demons isn't a good idea. Let me hold him, and I will shield you as far as this power lets me, but you will be sure that he is protected at all times. I will die trying if I have too."

"You are a strong fighter Jez, I wont let you die. Stay here, and hide yourself, alright?"

"Will do." Sio watched as she found a spot to hide both her and Ypolous, and she nodded to him. "Good luck. I will be right here if you need me." She reassured. He nodded as well and gave a tiny smile, then walked into the pasture. Hero looked at him and smiled widely. "Wow! Such a sudden approach! I didn't expect to see you so soon! Or by yourself...." He began. Sio just watched him, and kept a stern look on his face. "Do you know who I am? Your Majesty?~" Hero cooed. Sio's face scrunched at his words. "I do, and on my behalf, you are not someone worthy of discussion. Please, step to the side."