Chapter 23

"AAAHHH!" Iesana jerked up, awakening from her nightmare. Chameron, who sat up against a thick tree, looked at her. She panted hard and sighed. "Three nights in a row, the same dream." He said to her, looking off into the distance. She looked at him, and smoothed back her hair from her sweaty head. "Why aren't you sleep?" She asked.

"I have been sleep for too long. I need to regain some strength."

"Are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She turned away and looked down at the grass where she laid. "I hope Ypolous is okay..." She began. He looked at her again for a quick second. "You're so light, you didn't even imprint the grass."

"Why did you make us leave? We could have stayed and helped them-"

"I'm obviously not wanted there, Iesana."

"Well why didn't you leave me?"

"Because I-... You're too fragile."

"What?! I am not fragile at all, I got the chance to kick your ass and I'll do it again!"

"I'd like to see you try." His shadow swirled underneath her, absorbing hers. It climbed up her legs, but she just looked at it as she tied her hair into a bun. "Is that supposed to scare me?" She taunted him. His eyes narrowed, and he made his shadow stiffen onto her legs, and pull them from underneath her. She screamed as she fell hard on her ass, and went to go attack him. "THAT'S NOT FUNNY THAT HURT YOU DEVIL!" He smirked as she tried to swing at him, and grabbed her arms, rolled her over and pinned her down on the grass, with him on top. Surprised and flustered, she froze and stared into his eyes, trying to figure out what to call him next. He didn't blink as he gazed silently into hers, thinking to himself how he can literally see stars in her eyes, and that she began to blush. "I-I hate you..! So much..!" She stuttered. He said nothing still, and climbed off her. "You are too tiny to try and fight me, Iesana." He finally said, sitting back down. She got up and brushed off her dress. "Easy for you to say, you're like eight feet tall!"

"6'5 to be exact."

"I'm over here no more than 5'4!"

"Isn't that adorable, Deer." 

"Huh?!"

"Come on." Chameron stood up, and looked down from the tall hill they rested on, ready to jump. "Wait, where are we going?!" She asked, grabbing his arm to keep him from moving. He looked back at her hand, then at her. "I'm taking you back to those people." 

"Why?!"

"You made it clear to me that you want to go back with them, right?"

"Well yeah... but I want to stay with you too...!" He flinched at her words, then looked away quickly. "Why, on Earth and in Hell, would you want to do that?" She giggled and crossed her arms. "You're not that scary ya' know, you're like a hard up teddy bear who's hangry."

"Hangry?"

"Hungry and angry! Lets get you something to eat!"

"Iesana, If I wanted something to eat, you wouldn't be here." 

"Oooo, kinky!~" She smiled and jumped down from the hill, then continued on down, swift and nimble like a deer. He sighed at her hard, and followed, not so swift and nimble. "Iesana, let me take you home." He began. She looked at him and kept walking. "Why?"

"Isn't that what you want to do?"

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"Yes."

"Hm, try harder." She raced into a river, and let it stream over her legs once she lifted up her dress. Scooping up some in her hand and drinking, she restored herself once more, looking her best again. "You need to be an Omorfian, we can just get our nutrients from water and boom we are great!" She teased. "Well sorry to burst you're little Pisces bubble but I am not an Omorfian and I love the taste of warm blood." He smartly commented back. She rolled her eyes and kept walking. "Chameron, have you ever had a girlfriend before?" She asked.