Chapter 22

"Ah, I see. This is going to be a very tricky challenge, we all know what we are up against." Ezekkeyius said lowly, rubbing his prickly beard. Clelia shook her head and sighed. "I just don't think this is the right way to go about it. Something isn't clicking."

"The fact that the enemy has been quiet for so long isn't right. They are planning something." Ez added. The Ecoli queens looked at each other. "Once again, I propose we take the captured ones back to our kingdom, where we all can get something from them that may be vital information." Ashanti spoke. "I agree with that. You guys do have some odd creatures." Ezekkeyius nodded his head. "Hey, Clel? Where's Siopi?" Zekke asked. "He isn't feeling well. He has been like this for a few days, since our last meeting...really did something to him." She answered, standing up. "I should go check on him, I haven't heard anything from him since this morning."

"Sit, I got it." Ez instructed, and got up. "We need all the royalty here so we can get this together, see if he can come down, Ezekkeyiel." Ezekkeyius instructed. Ez looked at him and sighed. "Hurry."

"Alright alright." He responded, and getting up, he left the room. The heels of his boots clicked in rhythm as he danced his way smoothly around the royal halls, humming an upbeat song to himself as well. "Siiioooo you're missing the meettinnggggg!" He called through the halls, and went up the steps. Knocking a few times gently on the royal bedroom doors, he listened for an answer. Instead, he smiled as he heard Ypolous telling a wild and imaginative story, and Sio giving him different questions about it. "And then, my dad would growl and scare away the monsters! He would tell them, 'Don't come back or I will get you for good!' and they would go away!" He told.

"Did they ever come back?"

"Nope! Me and my sister got to sleep soundly, and didn't have to come back in our parent's room!"

"Hey you two, what's going on here?" Zekke said, walking in. Ypolous' face lit up as he teleported over and hugged him. Zekke laughed. "I see someone is getting the hang of their powers more!"

"Yeah! It still hurts though, so I don't do it often." Zekke let go of him, and looked over at Sio, who laid sitting up in the bed. His long hair was let out from the ponytail, and hung over his shoulders. "Hey, you look like death." Zekke teased as he walked over. "Ha ha, very funny." Sio said back. Zekke sat on the edge of the king sized bed and sighed. "How does it feel, being king?"

"It's hard, I wanna go back to the old days."

"Ha, yeah right. You know you're missing the meeting right?"

"Yes, I am aware."

"What's going on with you?"

"Not sure... hopefully nothing bad."

"When a demon gets 'sick' it's always bad."

"Don't speak it into existence, stupid."

"Do you think you can stand?"

"Mmm, I can try, but Ypolous didn't finish his story, so I think I will stay here."

"'Ha ha, very funny.'"

"You can't quote me."

"Get up old man, we can finish the story later. Hey Lous?"

"Yeah?" Ypolous answered. "How come you didn't try healing him?" Zekke asked. "I can't heal people who have committed horrible deals or casualties."

"Guess this is just my punishment, I will get better soon." Sio said to them, getting out of bed. He grabbed his hair tie and began to tie his hair back up. "Wow, that's depressing. Anyways, Lous, how 'bout I take you and Dustin out for a ride with me and C.J.?"