Chapter 29

A total of nine months had passed and things were silent. Siopi grew weaker by the day, but happier by the minute. The kingdoms were restored rather quickly, and kept in touch with each other. Heroshine was gone, and the enemy was no where to be found. Zekke and Sio had their men constantly on the look out and search, but found nothing. Ypolous had disappeared, Iesana's house flourished with flowers, and was steadily growing. Chameron stayed with her. 

"What do you think about getting a puppy?" Iesana asked, watering her flowers. "First a kid, now a dog? I told you, no."

"Oh come on! Let's just get one to see how it goes!"

"It's gonna make a mess!"

"And we will clean it up!"

"No, you will clean it up."

"Same difference, you would have to walk it!"

"You sound like a human. We are not getting a dog."

"What about a cat?"

"No, Iesana."

"You're no funnnn!"

"Good." She giggled at him, and began to clean up the kitchen, while he sat and looked out the window. "Shit, looks like we are all out of the good water." The dirt from the plants swarmed with bugs in the water bucket she used to wash her things.

"Want me to get more?"

"If you don't mind, I can go if you want."

"No no, I got it. I need to get up anyways." He got up and kissed her forehead. She smiled softly, and went back to cleaning as he left out the door. "Don't take too long! You promised I could take you to pet the Water Bison!" She called after him. He walked out from the house and down the tall hill, deeper into the Omorfian lands. He swatted at pretty butterflies and kicked at adorable little mutated rabbits. "I really hate this place." He mumbled to himself, but jumped back as what it seems like hundreds of small mutated animals ran past his feet all coming from his right and running to the left. "What the hell?!" He exclaimed, and stepped back. The ground underneath him began to tremble, as if there was an earthquake getting stronger and stronger by the second. Iesana felt it too, and looked out her window. Her eyes widened, and her mouth dropped. "GISELDAAAAA!" She called, and raced towards the small town. Chameron looked around frantically and noticed smoke arising from the direction the animals ran from. A loud bang sounded in the air as a red flare shot sky high. "This can't be happening...!" Chameron growled as another went off near him, and another behind him. "Nooo no no no no no!" He immediately raced towards the first flare he saw, and caught up with hundreds of men on big demonized horses, that slammed their heavy hooves into the soft dirt floor as they galloped along. They had all black riding gear, decorated with bones of who knows what, and their riders in black cloaks with skulls of animals on their shoulders. All their faces were covered, and heavy weapons filled their hand. Angered, Chameron rose up his souls from the ground, and swallowed as many of the horseman as he could. A loud roar vibrated the still air from far away, and Chameron looked up and began to panic. More and more flares went off around him, and something in his mind clicked. "Ezperansa...!" Ez snapped and roared at the hundreds of men around her. They threw ropes on her, stabbed her, shot their power through her body and tried to tie her down. She cracked her whip like tail, and snapped as many men she could with it, either shocking or killing them. Not wanting to blow fire, she raised her head, and blew thick, purple smoke through her nostrils. "COVER YOUR MOUTH! SHE'S A DREAM DRAGON, THIS STUFF WILL PUT YOU TO SLEEP FOREVER!" A man shouted. Those who could hear him did as they were told, but those who couldn't suffered, and the smoke that covered the area put them to sleep, and killed many. She ate the ones who tried to stab and hurt her, but didn't realize all the ropes that they managed to get around her as her head was mostly down. "PULLL!" Another man yelled, and all at once, ropes snatched tightly around her mouth, neck, arms, legs, and wings. She was pulled and held down, collapsing hard. "KILL THE DRAGON!" One other man shouted, and the men alive roared their battle cries. Her tail whipped again, and she struggled to get up and free herself. "WATCH FOR THAT TAIL! COVER HER NOSE!" A man previously shouted before. She roared again, but the ropes around her mouth were pulled tightly, shutting it. Chameron raced to her, and rose up more souls, devouring the men around her. The more she wiggled, the more ropes broke around her, and she managed to free one of her wings, giving her more strength to free the other, and completely free herself of all the ropes. Iesana looked up at the smoky sky as she hear Ezperansa's second loud roar, and all the animals run for shelter. "Chameron!" She yelled. "Iesana! Don't go out there, he will be fine!" Giselda warned. She held a small basket with blood red silk blankets wrapped in the middle. "He needs my help, Miss G!"