Chapter 14

|Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while. I've been busy with school but I managed to get another chapter out. Enjoy!|

The boy looked over at the girls body fall on the ground in front of him. With the pain in his shoulder he forced himself to get to her side. The rain pounded on the concrete and their faces. She was bleeding out from a gunshot wound and blood started to fall down over her left eye.

The boy picked up the girls body and shook her yelling her name. He saw that one of her hands was gripping his shoulder while her other hand gripped her side. She had her right eye a little open. The boy had tears running down his face. The girl smiled weakly at him as he gripped her hand. He heard her say something but couldn't tell what she said.

Her hand fell on the concrete and her eye closed. The boy screamed her name again as he shook her lifeless body. He held her in his arms as the rain pounded heavily on them. He could hear sirens but he couldn't hear anything else as he held the girl.

***

Caleb jolted up and he panted a little. He had cold sweat on his forehead. He looked over to see Kori sleeping beside him.

She had started sleeping with him when her nightmares started to happen every night. His presence somehow helped a little.

He sat up a little and sighed. He looked around his dark room. He felt hot in his shirt. He rubbed the cold sweat off his forehead and layed back.

"What was that all about?" He whispered to himself as he looked at Kori. He moved her hair out of her eyes and pulled her head under his chin. He thought to himself of how much he cares for her.

Subconsciously, Kori wrapped her arms around him. He stroked her hair and sighed. He felt her nuzzle against his neck making him chuckle quietly. He closed his eyes a little afraid to fall asleep again but then heard Kori's breathing against his neck.

Caleb silently sat up and got out of bed. He looked through the curtains. He could see the city from here. They were bright white lights stacked on top of each other. He moved away from the window and put on a jacket and some shoes. He decided he wanted to go for a walk.

***

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. I laid in the bed for a while before getting up. I pulled back my hair and walked down the stairs. I didn't see Caleb anywhere.

"Hm.. " I said as I looked around. I made myself breakfast and waited. A couple hours passed and it was 2 in the afternoon.

I started to worry but then heard the front door open when I was walking towards where my shoes were.

"Caleb? Where wer-" I stopped talking as I saw Caleb with blood running down his cheek and he had a bruise on his neck.

"Caleb! What happened?!" I asked as I walked over to him. He sighed.

"I just ran into a couple guys." He said. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bathroom without saying anything. I fixed him up and we sat in silence.

"You idiot... Don't ever worry me like that again." I said, my hands shaking. He looked at me and sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly. I sniffled and looked at him.

"I don't want to lose you too." I said. He looked back at me surprised. I looked down and felt him grab me and hold me in his arms.

"Don't say that! I'll always be here! I won't leave you." He said. I hugged back feeling warm.

"Thank you." I smiled. At least I knew Caleb would always be there for me. It makes me feel like there's butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt this feeling before.

***

I heard a knock at the door as I scanned through a magazine. Caleb was in the shower. I stood up and walked over to the door.

I peaked through the peep hole and saw a middle aged women standing with a bag. I opened the door slightly.

"Yes?" I asked softly as I opened the door all the way.

"Oh. Your not Caleb." She said looking behind me.

"He's in the shower." I said looking at her confused.

"So... " She started. She then smiled brightly at me and hugged me.

"He's finally brought a girl home! Awe! My little boy is already growing." She said as she squeezed me in her tight embrace. I could hardly breath!

"Mom? Mom!  What are doing?" I heard Caleb come up behind me and pull me out of the embrace. I coughed a little and breathed heavily.

"Oh! Sorry I guess I was a little bit too happy." She said smiling.

"Mom, I'm glad your here. But why are you here?" Caleb asked as he helped me calm down. I caught my breath and sighed.

"I'm here to see you! Silly! Anyways who's this girl of yours?" She asked smirking at him.

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asked making Caleb blush madly.

"Mom! No! She- she's not my girlfriend!!" He said, shouting instead of talking actually.

I felt my cheeks grow hot as I looked at Caleb when he was trying to find words to say. His mother laughed and winked at me.

"Anyways. I'm Claudia, Caleb's mother." She said as she reached her hand out to shake mine. I drew my hand forward and we shook hands.

"I'm Kori. It's nice to meet you." I said with a small smile.

"Oh! You're Kori! When Caleb came to visit us he talked a lot about you. All good things of course." She looked over at Caleb who nodded and smiled.

"Also, " She continued with a serious tone. "I'm very sorry about your loss. It was on the news." She said in a sympathetic tone.

The memories came flooding back to me but I pushed them away. I won't let them bother me now. "Thank you." I said quietly.