Chapter 15

We all laughed as Claudia told an embarrassing story of when Caleb got into the flour and it was all over the house when he was a child.

Caleb had made supper and I made some tea for us. Which Caleb didn't want to drink since he thought it was too "girly".

"Alright suit yourself" I said as I brought the tea to the table. I sat down across from his mother and drank some tea.

"It's nice to know my little boy has a strong girl around him." Claudia said as she drank some of her tea. I smiled a little.

"I think that it was the other way around actually. If Caleb wasn't there to help me through my hard times, I don't think I would still be alive." I said looking down at my tea cup. I felt a hand grab mine and I looked up and saw Claudia smiling at me.

"I'm glad you're still here, Kori" She said. I smiled a little and took another sip of tea. Caleb ruffled my hair and smiled.

"I'm glad you're still here too." He said as he sat beside me. I felt myself grow hot.

"You were listening?" I asked. He nodded and I turned away. Then I sniffed the air and turned back to him.

"Um Caleb?" I said trying not to laugh.

"Yah?" He asked looking at me confused.

"The food is burning." I said. His eyes widened and he ran into the kitchen almost tripping over the chair. Claudia and I laughed.

***

I waved as Claudia drove away from the house. Caleb was standing by the car talking to Claudia before she drove away. He came back red in the face.

"Hm? Are you alright Caleb? " I asked looking at him. He shook his head and walked past me. I shrugged my shoulders and walked back inside with him. I sat down looking through the pictures a took of Claudia, Caleb, and I.

They were all pretty good photos. I looked at the camera and was reminded of Aunt Carrie, how happy she looked when she saw my face as I pulled it out of the paper bag. I smiled and ran my fingers over the silver buttons on the top and the side.

It made me wonder... what is mom doing? Why...did she do this? My gaze focused on the lense. I felt a pang of guilt go through me. Was it my fault?

Am I the reason she is so hostile?

I shook my head. I can't start blaming myself. I sighed a little and set the camera on my lap.

I heard Caleb walk into the living room. He sat beside me and sighed.

I turned towards him, setting the camera down between us. He turned towards me with red cheeks. He seemed embarrassed.

"Okay... My mom told me to man up so that's what I'm doing." He said looking down.

"Umm you okay Caleb?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Kori?" He asked. He had a very determined look in his eyes. A little confused, I responded.

"Y-yes?" I asked. He took my hand and sighed. Before I knew it I was blushing. He started to rub over my knuckles with his thumb.

He stared at me with intense eyes that were softened and it fit his handsome complexion.

"Kori, I love you, a- and I have for a long time." He said looking away.

My heart beat started to go faster. So fast that I thought it would jump out of my chest.

"Caleb.. " I said. My small blush was growing into a bright red.

"Your a great person, your funny, your beautiful, and I don't think I could settle for anyone else!" He said. I sat speechless.

I felt tears slide down my cheeks as a smile grew on my face. He looked at me surprised.

"I'm so happy you feel that way too." I said wiping my tears away. I smiled at him and my heart skipped a beat.

"I love you too, Caleb. You've always been there for me. I can't imagine myself being with anyone else either, because I love you and only you. I love everything about you, even your flaws." I said intertwining my fingers with his.

I smiled at our hands and looked back into his eyes.

He blushed and leaned closer to me. I leaned into him and finally our lips met. He put his hand on my cheek, caressing it. It felt like an eternity when we pulled and looked at each other.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. "Oh! Take a picture!" He said smiling. I picked up the camera and aimed it towards us.

I felt him kiss me again so I closed my eyes and pressed the silver button. We pulled away and looked at the photo. I leaned on his shoulder and he put his head on mine.

"You better not ever leave me... princess." He said quietly.

"I would never even think about it." I said, closing my eyes. I felt like I was on top of the world. I smiled warmly and felt myself drifting off. I'm glad it was you Caleb.

|Don't know why but fangirling at my own story!!! But I am glad to announce that Kori and Caleb finally realized what they have with each other. I was planning on doing this in a later chapter, but I figured I would repay you guys with this because I haven't updated in a while! Hope you enjoyed!|