Chapter 8

I opened my eyes slowly to see Caleb and Griffen above me. I could already tell I was in the nurses office.

They were glaring at each other but turned their attention to me. I sat up and held my head.

"Here drink this." Calen said giving me some water. I drank it and sighed.

"When was the last time you had water?" Griffen asked.

Since Caleb gave me a glass at his house. I looked at Caleb and he understood.

"She hasn't had water since I gave her some. Which was days ago." He said shaking his head.

"You haven't had water in a couple days?" Griffen said surprised. I nodded and sighed. I felt like I couldn't do anything. I fell back on the pillow and laid my arm over my eyes.

"Take it easy." I heard Caleb say.

"Yeah... I know." I said. I felt something roll down my cheek. Then a sting came into play.

"Your bleeding." Caleb said and put a towel on my cheek.

"Ah!" I said as the sting pained me.

"Its okay." He said in a soothing voice, making me relax a little.

"Hey Griffen why don't you go to class I can take it from here." Caleb said gritting his teeth.

"Fine." Griffen put on a fake smiled and stood up.

"Griffen... about us pretending, Im not gonna do that." I said trying to take in all the pain from my cheek. I heard him stop and sigh then walk out of the room.

"Are you... crying?" Caleb asked as he saw tears roll down my eyes. I nodded and grinded my teeth together.

"It hurts that much? What happened anyways? I don't think you will expect me to believe falling is what happened."

I thought about last night. Even more tears mingled with the blood.

"My... mom." I placed my hand on his hand that had the towel on my cheek. He gave me a sympathetic look and wiped my tears away.

"You still have me Princess." He said. I laughed.

"Again with that?" He laughed a little and took the towel off my cheek. I sat up and wiped the tears off my cheeks.

He cleaned up my cheek and made me drink more water.

"Hey Princess, Im gonna go get my work. I will be back in a minute." He said pointing to the door.

"Okay." I said. He then walked out the door. I looked down at the white sheet I was covered in. I then heard the door open. Thinking it was Caleb I laughed.

"Back so soon?"
I asked looking up. I saw Griffen in surprised.

"Yeah I need to talk to you." He said. I got up and nodded. We walked outside to the back of the school.

"We could've talked about this in the nurses office." I said. He snickered.

"But then I wouldnt be able to do this." He said grabbing my wrists.

"Huh?!" I said. He then started to kiss my neck.

"Griffen I thought I told you we aren't going to pretend to date!" I said trying to push him off.

"I know... but I want to actually date." He smiled. He then started kissing towards my chest.

"No! Stop! Griffen!" I said he then covered my mouth.

"Shut it." He then grabbed my chin and forced me to kiss him. There was tongue in this kiss.

"No!" I said pushing him off. "What are you doing?" I heard a person say. I turned my head to see Caleb.

"Caleb!" I got out of Griffens hands and ran over to Caleb. He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him.

"You bastered. Didn't you hear her? If she doesn't want to pretend to date you then she doesn't want to actually date you! So hands off!" Griffen walked over to Caleb and got in his face.

"What is a scrawny boy like you gonna do?"

"Alright you asked for it." Caleb said and let go of my hand to raise his fist. He punched Griffen in the stomach then punched him in mouth. Griffen fell to the ground. I looked at them surprised.

"Come on Kori." Caleb said grabbing my hand and walking away.

"I didn't know you could punch that hard. You knocked his teeth out!" I said surprised.

"Yeah its a gift I guess. Are you okay? Did he hurt you? If he did there's more where that came from."

"No I'm fine Caleb. And you can go get your work now. I'll be f-"

He interupped me.

"No. No way. The last time I left you, you ended up at the back of the svhool with that idiot." He said looking at me. I smiled.

"Yep your really my best friend." I said hugging his arm. He laughed.

"Well I'm glad to be your best friend Princess." We both laughed and the bell rang.

"Well it sounds like all of the classes are over."

"I missed all of my classes!? Wait! You did too! Oh no I'm sorry." I said sighing.

He laughed. "No its fine. Don't worry. So ill give you a ride home?"

"Yeah but not home, my aunts house."

"Yah your gonna have to tell me where she lives." He said. We went to the nurses office and got my stuff then went to the bike.

After I told him the address we rode through the streets. We got to my aunts house and we both stepped off the bike.

"Thanks for the ride." I said smiling.

"I save you and give you a ride home. So what's my reward?" He asked smirking. I thought for a moment and made an evil grin. I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"That good enough?" I asked laughing as he went wide eyed.

"Y.... yah th.. that world- I mean works!" He said blushing. We both laughed. I waved him goodbye as he got on his bike. I walked into the house and sat against the door.

Did... I just kiss him? I mean I didn't actually kiss him kiss him. But, I kissed him on his cheek. Why am I freaking out!? My heart is beating fast. I think I need to drink more water.

Thats what I think is wrong with me.