Chapter 21

I sighed as I spoke through the phone.

"Yah, I'm sorry to hear that you can't come. No, it's okay. I will be fine. Listen I.. Yah I know and I understand. She's doing fine. I understand mom. Don't worry I'm okay. Yah. I will talk to you later mom." I said as I talked with my mom.

She hung up after saying our goodbyes and I put my phone back in my pocket. I sat on the couch and sighed. I turned on the TV hoping that it would distract me. But it didn't.

"It's been reported that Valerie Dickerson has been put into custody by local police men. Valerie Dickerson killed her sister and attempted to kill her only daughter. Kori Dickerson is now being hospitalized of being put through rough conditions of her mothers work. It was also said that Caleb Her-"

I shut the TV off and laid back on the couch. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling.

A few minutes later I was driving through the town to the hospital. I eventually made it to her room and walked in.

The moonlight leaked in from the window onto the body that was in the bed. I sat down and looked at her. After a long time I finally found the courage to speak

"Kori... Princess." I started. Tears already welled up in my eyes.

"I need you now. More than ever. Princess, I'm still here. I will always be here. And I will never leave. So please, please please please stay. I need you Kori. So stay." I said softly as I picked her hand and kissed it.

"Do you remember when we first met?" I asked.

"You looked so threatening because I said your name was unusual. And then you smiled at me. That day you didn't ask for my autograph or a photo. You were different from every girl in that school."

I paused as I choked on my tears. I closed my eyes tightly and gripped her hand tightly.

The loud beeping ringing through my ears.

"And then later that day I found you in the rain. That was the first time I saw you cry. I made you spend the night. And you refused but then gave up."

I looked at her pale face. It looked so restless.

"Kori, if I was a time traveler then I would replay that day over and over again. And every other moment we had together. I won't let you go. And I never will." I said as I cried on her hand.

I reached over and planted a sweet kiss on her cold lips. A few tears slipping on to her cheeks.

"I won't ever let you go Princess. Never." I whispered and pressed my forhead against hers.

I heard the steady beeping speed up. I pulled away and looked at her.

Her heart monitor went from a steady beeping to a loud screaming.

My breathing quickened as nurses and a doctor filled the room.

"Get him out." The doctor said and two of the male nurses grabbed a hold of me.

"Hey! What's wrong with her! Kori!" I yelled, fear filling my mind as I was shoved out of the room.

"I'm sorry Mr. Herrick but we cannot allow you to go in at this time. Kori's heart is starting to slow. We are going to need time to help her." One said. They both went into the room closing the door and the blinds.

I couldn't see a single thing.

"Kori..." I closed my eyes and put my forehead against the glass.

|Yes I know this chapter is short but I felt like we only needed a minimal of sad things right now. Again, I cried writing this chapter but that's just because I'm a cry baby. I will see you in the next chapter. I promise it will be a good one.|