Chapter 17

I looked at the painting on the wall. The lily leans on the other lily as a few petals fall on the ground.

It was raining in the picture as it was outside. I turned towards the window as lightning was seen across the sky.

The window was open and the curtains were blowing towards me from the wind. I walked towards the window and felt light rain drops on my skin as I looked out the window.

I looked at the moon. It looked like it was blasted and the pieces that remained surrounded it.

I looked down to see a girl with purple rimmed glasses and two braids hanging from her head. I smiled as she was met with her mother and father. She laughed as her father spun her around and her mother picking her up and acting as if she was flying.

I turned away from the window and walked out of the empty room and into a hallway. It was dark and empty. I walked through the hallway slowly and reached the stairs that led into a livingroom. It was without furniture except for a clock. It kept ticking and ticking as the time passed.

I looked around the empty, dark, and damp room and listened to the ticking.

I heard a small noise behind me and turned to see mom standing with her hanging low. I looked at her with concern. But my concern faded when she smiled and looked at me wide eyed.

I stepped away as I noticed the knife in her hand. She then yelled out my name and started to run after me.

I ran up the stairs but felt a strong force slam me into the back wall. I noticed mom coming towards me and I closed my eyes.

All I heard was yelling and ticking. I felt a sharp pain in my side and my chest. I opened my eyes to see I was outside. I looked around but fell to my knees as I bled out.

I heard another voice through all the ticking, yelling, and the sound of heavy rain. It was calling for me. It kept saying my name.

"Kori. Kori. Kori."

***

"Kori!"

I opened my eyes and saw that Caleb was looming over me.

It was still dark and I could hear the ticking of the clock in the room.

I sat up and rubbed my head.

A nightmare.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I heard you muttering words and I noticed you were crying." He said. I put my hand on my cheek to find tears streaming down my face.

"It was just a nightmare." I said wiping my tears away. He sighed. I felt his hand on my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"It will be okay." He said. I felt more tears slide down my face as he pulled me close and hugged me.

I tugged at his shirt and cried on his shoulder. I pulled back and nodded. He wiped my tears away and convinced me to lay back down. As I layed in Calebs arms I thought of how my life changed so much.

I heard Caleb fall asleep and I put my hand on his cheek. In his sleep he reached up and pressed his hand against mine. I smiled at him. I kissed him on the nose before I fell back asleep. Dreaming of nothing this time.

***

I picked my book up from my lap to see Caleb's face pushing it away from me as he laid his head in my lap. I sighed and slammed it on his face making him groan in pain.

"Look, I'm sorry okay!" He said. His voice was muffled by my book.

"Are you just gonna keep giving me the silent treatment?" He asked.

I didn't answer and kept reading. He decided he wanted to scare me and he made me fall into the pool. I was over it. But I loved seeing him suffer. In a loving way of course.

I heard him sigh. He started to push my book away again but I slammed it on his head. I heard another "ow" as his head sat in my lap covered by the book.

"Kori! Come on! I didn't known you would have fallen in the pool. It was a harml- wait. Your over it aren't you?" He asked moving my book so he could look at me. I nodded. He stuck his face into my leg.

"Your such a mean girlfriend." He poured. I laughed at him as I put the book on the coffee table.

"Aww come on Caleb." I said as he kept pushing his face into my leg. I pulled at him ear and it made him sit up.

"Ow!" He said. I smiled at him and he sat beside me.

I heard a knock at the door and went to get it but Caleb stopped me.

"I'm gonna be a nice boyfriend and get the door for you." He said. Sometimes his jokes were just to hilarious. I heard him answer the door and soon brought back into the room with him, Grace.

I stood as she wobbled over to me and laughed as she did. She fell on my shoulder and I heard hic from her.

Caleb crossed his arms. "She's drunk." He said sighing.

"Well good thing she doesn't known how to drive." I said as I laid he on the couch. She laughed as she played with my hair.

"Grace you shouldn't be drinking especially since your only what sixteen?" I asked as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Come on Kori! Give me a break!" She said crossing her arms. Not even noticing him

I looked over to see Caleb and Gavin looking at us. She giggled as she pointed at Gavin.

"I couldn't take her home like this." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'll just tell her mom that she's sleeping over again." I said. Caleb and Gavin nodded in response. As I looked back Grace had already fallen asleep.

"Shouldn't we, you know, give her something so she doesn't feel terrible in the morning?" Gavin asked. I smirked.

"No way. She needs to learn. And if hangovers won't do anything then I don't know what will." I said.

***

I laughed as Grace sat up quickly then immediately lay back down after feeling the pain in her head. She groaned in pain.

"Wake up Sunshine. I told your mom you would be home early morning." I said.

She rolled her eyes at me an stuck her face into the pillow she was laying on. Eventually I got her off the couch and Caleb's limousine driver drove her home. I went back to bed feeling like an exhausted mother.