Chapter 19

I froze as I heard the
bullet ricochet of the wall beside me. Caleb grabbed me quickly and put me behind him.

"Who's there!" He asked.

"Damn, I missed." I heard a voice say. But that wasn't just anyone's voice. It was a voice that I remember clearly, that brought very bad memories to my head.

I wanted to scream, run, and cry. But I couldn't I just stood there. I couldn't speak. I felt my body shaking. I finally managed to get the word out of my mouth. I felt chills down my spine as I said it.

"M-mom?"

Caleb snapped his head toward me and turned back to see my mother in a hoodie and jeans.

Caleb dropped the umbrella and couldn't say anything either. She smirked at us.

"It has been a while Kori. I honestly miss you. Why don't you come home?" She asked. I immediately shouted from behind Caleb.

"N-no way! Mom you should turn your self in for what you did! How could you kill Aunt Carrie! She was your only sister!"

She smirked at my comment.

"I did go to her funeral. But it was to watch you. Of course I did shed a few tears. I waited so long." She said as she started walking towards us.

Caleb held my hand tighter and clenched his teeth. She then pulled the gun out of her hoodie pocket. She aimed at us. Caleb stood in front of me.

"You will have to shoot me first." He said. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"No! Caleb!"

He looked at me and smiled.

I heard a gun being shot and I widened my eyes as I saw the bullet piercing through his shoulder.

He kneeled down and groaned. I grabbed him and fell on my knees.

"No! Mom stop!" I shouted as tears fell out of my eyes. The rain was heavier and louder then before. She smirked at me and glared at her. I thought and I stood up. I don't want Caleb to die because of me.

***
(Cutie Caleb's POV)

I gripped my shoulder holding in the scream that was wanting to escape my mouth.

I looked as Kori was on the ground shouting at her mother. She suddenly stood up and stood in front of me. The rain was heavier and louder than before. I looked up at her. She ran towards her mother screaming and grabbed the gun.

Her mother struggled and she slammed Kori's head into the wall making the left side of her head leave a stream of blood running down her left eye.

"You have one more bullet!" She said. Her mother laughed at her as she struggled with the gun. I finally heard a gun shot being fired. I covered my ears then looked up. My eyes widened.

I looked over as Kori's body fell to the ground in front of me. With the pain in my shoulder I forced myself to get to her side.

The rain pounded on the concrete and our faces. Her body was pouring out blood from the gunshot wound her mother gave her. Blood was now streaking over her left eye. I picked her up and held her in my arms while on my knees.

"KORI!!!!!" I yelled. I kept shaking her. She gripped her side. She opened her right eye a little. I already felt tears sliding down my face mixing with the rain water.

Kori smiled weakly at me as I gripped her hand. I could see her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear the words she said as the ringing in my ears graduated to screaming.

Her hand slipped from mine as it fell on the concrete beside her. She closed her eye and I felt her body go numb.

"Kori.... Kori! No no no!" I yelled as I shook her lifeless body. I hugged her tightly in my arms as the rain pounded on us. I could hear sirens reaching our location but I couldn't hear anything else as I held Kori in my arms. Hot tears streamed down my face. I held her head against my chest. I widened my eyes.

The... Dream. I looked at Kori and screamed again.

Her mother had already left the scene. I didn't care about the pain in my shoulder. I looked as the blood washed away from her body by the rain.

"Why! Why did you do that! Why! Why... " I felt the hot tears run down my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked to see a police man was looking at me.

I saw a ambulance and a few police cars. I demanded that I stayed with her as they rushed her into the ambulance. The wrapped up my shoulder as I held her hand. She was so cold. That dream. It told me what was going to happen. If I would have known...

I put my hand on my forehead. I could still hear the rain pounding on the concrete. I'm such an idiot. I should have stood up. I should have stopped her.

But I didn't. I sat there and watched as she fought against her mother for my sake. I was too weak and I didn't do anything. I'm such an idiot.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me Kori. Please. Please forgive me. I then opened my eyes. I could hear what she said and it was repeating in my head.

"I love you. And don't forget that."

Her words rang in my head making tears fall on my knees. The medic beside me just let me cry and I'm glad he did. I needed to cry.

"I love you too."