Loss of a friend

I was still walking, by now I was out of the house just walking around the large piece of land that was surrounded by fence. There were a few walkers around the fence, I'd say about 5 or 6, nothing we couldn't handle, I pulled out my knife from my boot and walked over to the fence killing a few of them. I noticed there was a small hole in the fence, not big enough for a walker to crawl threw but in time it would be a big problem. I looked around for something to block it with, I saw a piece of wood just big enough to block it, I walked over to it and picked it up, I brought it back over blocking the hole. I stood up dusting the dirt off my pants, I sighed and kept walking around, thats when I saw a tall tree with whats looked like what used to be a tree house. I pulled my self up on a branch and started climbing higher until there was a little plate form where I could sit, I looked over the land smiling, I finally felt like I was safe and alone, until I heard someone calling my name, I sighed loudly laying down on the plate form hiding from whoever called me. I rolled over onto my stomach looking out side the fence and I saw two people, I squinted to try and figure out who it was and I recognized who it was, it was Hannah and Kristy, it looked like Hannah was pushing Kristy into the forest. I looked down at the ground to see if it was safe to jump down and it was, once I jumped out I climbed the fence slowly walking over, thats when I was about ten walkers stumble out of the forest heading towards them, I started to run up to them when I say Kristy get bitten, I smiled to myself but the smiled quickly faded away when I saw Hannah get grabbed.

"Hannah!" I yelled taking out my gun shooting the walkers around her but a walker bit her shoulder and she screamed loudly. I ran up pulling the walker off her stabbing right in the head. I looked over at Hannah and she just looked at me, tears running down her face as she fell to the ground, I caught her hugging her.

"T-Tessa I'm not gonna make it" she said coughing, as more tears ran down her face.

"Don't say that! You are gonna make it, I-I w-we-" she cut me off my covering my mouth with her hand.

"T-Tessa face it, I'm gonna die but I don't wanna turn so I-I want you to shoot me when I die" she said, I couldn't believe this was happening, I nodded hugging her.

"Oh and T-tessa?"

"Y-yes" I asked.

"You've always been like a sister to me so I want you to have my katana" she said smiling sadly. I nodded, tears ran down my face as I watched Hannah take her last breath and closing her eyes for the last time. I stood up and pulled out my gun aiming it at her head, I closed my eyes tightly and pulled the trigger, the shot echoed threw the land. I fell to my knees next to her balling my eyes out, I couldn't believe I just lost my best friend. I picked up her lifeless body carrying it back to the house. I saw Chandler and Norman run out of the house and a horrified expression plastered itself on their faces, Norman ran over taking Hannah out of my arms as I fell ti the ground crying again. Chandler walked over hugging me as a tear ran down his cheek.

"She will be missed" he said looking at me straight in the eyes. I nodded as we both stood up walking inside

~SOME TIME LATER~

I had put Hannah in a beautiful white dress that I found in the house and put her hair up in a french braid, I remember her always wearing a french braid when we were in school. Andrew picked her up off the bed and brought her outside, as he laid her in the coffin that me and Chandler made for her, all that I could think was that she looked to peaceful now. We lowered the coffin into the grave I felt tears running down my face, I looked around me to see that everyone was crying, I felt someone grab my hand and hold it, I looked over to my right to see Chandler, I smiled slightly and hugged him. I picked up the flowers that I picked from the garden and placed them ontop of the grave sit.

"Now you'll be a angel like you always wanted" I said smiling sadly. Chandler came to my side bring me back into the house where I saw Hannah's katana laying on the table. I picked it up placing it in my room in the house and laid down, I looked up at the ceiling sighing, as I drifted off to sleep I wished that people that I loved would stop dying but deep down inside I knew that would never happen because I had to face it, we are all gonna die someday and this apocalypse is just fuelling the fire.