Chapter Thirteen

Updated on: 10th Sept' 20

Chapter Thirteen - Being Named As A 'Ms. Clumsy'.

-----

GRACE'S POV

The morning was good. I had a slight fever and a little cold, which was obvious considering the last night's event turning up like that. I dressed in black trousers and a maroon shirt.

I looked fine just a little red, considering my pale face. My brown hair was clipped at the back but still, some hair fell on my face. I applied my maroon lipstick and sprayed some perfume Alison had got with her.

I was ready. I pulled my maroon printed scarf around me, as I felt cold.

I stepped out of the cabinet looking for Sierra and Alison. They both had left before I could even wake up, so I had a peaceful bath and a good time to get ready.

I found Alison and Sierra talking to some people, one of them was Alex and the rest were unknown. They were having a deep conversation, as per my view.

I walked to them with a questioning look. As soon as I was in the hearing range they all had a strange puppet laugh. Weird.

"What were you guys talking about? And why did you have a stage laugh?" I asked them and just looked at Alex. Alex just shrugged innocently.

"Well, stop being Sherlock Holmes and meet them," Alison said and pointed towards two guys. I looked up to them and remembered that they were Alison and Sierra's partners from last night.

"Kyle, my colleague," Sierra said with a blush. I remembered them telling me about the guys they found attractive in their office.

"And, John, my colleague," Alison said with a blush of her own. I smiled at both of them and shook hands with them.

"I'm..." They both cut me off.

"Grace Duncan..." John said and then looked at Kyle.

"The woman who saved the infant." Kyle completed and they both high-fived. I just laughed at how kiddish they behaved. Though, it was fun for a change.

"Thanks a lot. But stop, or I feel embarrassed. Not used to so many praises." I said meekly.

"You should be praised every moment," Alex whispered in my ear. I flinched as his breath hit my ears. I felt tingles. I suddenly looked up and realized everyone was busy laughing to notice our moment. I calmed down.

"Well, you're amazing, Grace." Kyle praised again.

"Yeah. And very kind." John complimented looking mesmerized by me. I just gave him a shy smile, somewhat awkward.

"Thanks. Now can we finish the complimenting session? I'm famished." I said trying to push the spotlight away from me and they laughed with a nod.

-----

We had coffee and laughed along with everyone's small talks and jokes. Alex wasn't much of a talker or much of a laughing person. He kept quiet and stood with a small smile, besides me.

"Guys, let him talk. He's been listening to the whole time. Alex, your turn to go, now." I said and everyone looked... shocked. I couldn't understand why they looked at me like I just killed a person.

"Grace! You aren't allowed..." Alison was saying something with wide eyes but Alex cut him off.

"It's fine, Miss. And, I'm not much of a talker, Grace. You'll continue, I'd take a call and be back." He excused himself like he was some royalty or very rich in manners. I just looked at his back lost in him.