thirteen | (un)masked

A/N: Sorry for not updating for almost a week! I got slummed by work again!

Some of y'all already noticed but NEW COVER GUYS! The previous one was making me cringe really bad bc of the quality and my crappy photo manips skills!!! soooo i opted for something more minimalistic and aesthetic-y??? I might stick to this one forrealz just bc I really like it LOL

So yeah! Here's chapter 13 my friends!

✽✽✽

Lisa

Nothing marks the end of an award show better than an encore stage and a huge explosion of confetti, which make you feel like it's snowing indoors.

While nodding along to EXO's performance of Monster, I paid more attention to the dancing pieces of paper, admiring how its translucency manipulated the light so gracefully. Just as one landed on my palm I grinned widely—easily entertained by the simplest things.

"Congratulations on getting Best New Artist!" I heard a sweet voice coming from my right. I quickly turned my head and was greeted by Twice's beautiful maknae. She smiled widely once she got my attention.

"Ah! Thank you so much!" I returned Tzuyu's excited smile. Feeling a sense of comfort coming from the younger girl, our hands naturally clasped together and we both held on enthusiastically. "I should be the one congratulating you guys! Three awards! Twice is daebak!"

After letting go, I greeted Jeongyeon—the short-haired girl standing right beside Tzuyu. The rest of Blackpink followed my example and happily interacted with other idols from Twice and Red Velvet.

"DON'T BE AFRAID! LOVE IS THE WAY!" Jennie sang as she went back to stand beside us after taking pictures with Nayeon. Enjoying ourselves with the other girls, we continued jamming to the song.

After a few more moments, EXO finally ended their performance, concluding the whole award show altogether. With the loud cheers coming from the audience, I waved back to return their fervent spirits.

Grinning widely at the fans, I suddenly got tapped on the shoulder by Jennie. "Our manager told us to head back immediately," She said with slight disappointment in her voice.

"Why! Isn't there a group photo still?" Jisoo asked behind me. Jennie simply shrugged her arms in response. Not one to disobey, we bid our farewells to Twice and Red Velvet. We headed to the huge crowd of idols—all trying to get to the main stage. With the backstage located at the opposite end, we'd have to fight through the mob.

Before entering I took a huge gasp of air, preparing myself for the tight space I'm going to be in again. Just as I did, a loud grumble came from my stomach.

Oh yeah... I haven't eaten dinner yet.

Deciding that I could just buy a snack later, I squeezed through the pack of people.

---

"Can all of you move a little faster!"

"Aish! Someone stepped on my shoes!"

"I just want to go home and sleep."