prologue | encounters

✽✽✽

"Finally... I can catch up on my sleep," The platinum-haired man said while lowering his car seat to let himself nap comfortably.

"Suga hyung, even during promotions you always had enough sleep though," The younger one remarked amusingly, showcasing his bunny-toothed grin.

"Shhh... Jungkook, your hyung needs a lot of sleep to make up for the amount of talent he has." Just as Suga replied, he drifted off to his slumber.

Jungkook just scoffed at his reply and turned his attention to the passing cars and buildings outside.

The rest of the occupants of the van followed Suga's example, leaving only the maknae wide awake. It was a very busy two weeks for the members of Bangtan Sonyeondan. After performing their goodbye stage for the song Dope, the group was granted their well-deserved break.

The car ride back to their dorm was uneventful until the van abruptly stopped causing everyone to jerk out of their seats.

Because of their exhaustion, the sleeping members stayed unaware. Except maybe for the mop of red hair who woke up for only a second then eventually drifted back to sleep.

"Hyung, what happened?" Jungkook asked his manager who was driving the van.

"Sorry! I was about to drive through the intersection during a yellow light but a girl suddenly crossed—is everyone alright?"

"Ne. Jimin probably just woke up a little bit, but he's good."

Jungkook then turned his direction to the figure of the girl crossing. From his view, he can only distinguish her long brown hair and her tall proportions from her back side.

Finally arriving at the opposite street, the girl was about to turn around. Just when Jungkook was about to see her face the bus arrived and completely hid the girl.

He sighed in disappointment.

Immediately, the light turned green and the van drove past the scene.

---

"YA! LISA WHERE ARE YOU!" The brown-haired girl pulled the phone away from her ear as she received her unnie's loud voice from the other line.

"Hi to you too Jisoo unnie," Lisa replied playfully. "I just got on the bus—I'm heading home shortly."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED SICK I WAS? YOU JUST DISAPPEARED OUT OF THE BLUE!" Once again, Lisa had to pull her phone away from her ears. "AT LEAST SEND ME A TEXT THAT YOU'RE GOING ON THOSE BUS RIDES!" Because of Jisoo's loud booming voice, the people within Lisa's vicinity eyed her disapprovingly.

"Mianhae, unnie! Don't worry I'll make sure to text you next time," The brown-haired girl said with aegyo, trying her best to calm her worried friend.

"Blegh, disgusting. I hope nobody puked in the bus because of your aegyo. Whatever just get home safely okay? We have practice tomorrow."

"Yup!" Lisa answered and ended the call shortly after. She found a seat beside a female grade-schooler who was too busy watching something on her phone.

Reminded of what stressed her out today, the girl slumped into her seat and closed her eyes trying to forget about the pressures of being a YG trainee.

All of a sudden, the girl squealed startling Lisa. Because of the younger girl's sudden reaction, curiosity filled Lisa causing her to sneakily look at what the girl was watching on her phone.

"Ahh... BTS—no wonder." She muttered quietly.