twenty two | bedsheets

A/N: when I did it for the last update, I liked the idea of having a recap so I'll probs keep doing it. Bc, I know that feeling when a fic updates every 5 yrs that u have to reread the previous chapter to know what's up LOL (aka me)

Previously on Love at First Stop:

After a series of unfortunate events, Lisa and Jungkook find themselves at a Japanese inn. With the huge thunderstorm that hit their area, what could possibly happen once the two try spending the night together?

✽✽✽

Lisa

"You're sleeping there," I stated while pointing at the bare space near the bed.

"What? There's no way I'm sleeping on this cold ass floor!" He then removed his left shoe and touched the freezing ground with his toe to prove his point. Startled by its temperature, he retracted his foot right away.

Staying firm with my decision, I crossed my arms and looked at him pointedly. "You have no choice! I'm the girl!"

"What kind of reasoning is that?" He huffed in annoyance refusing to back down. Turning away, he looked at the white beddings we were fighting over. "Why can't we both sleep on it? It looks like a queen-sized bed?"

"Share one bed with you?" I questioned making sure his outrageous request was what I heard. He merely shrugged his shoulders in response causing me to widen my eyes. "NO FREAKING WAY!"

At my sudden outburst, his previous irritated facade slipped away. He then snickered with amusement present in his eyes. "Why not?"

"B-because..." Unable to form a coherent reply, I watched him take few steps towards me. Unconsciously, I raised my palms up to my chest as if protecting me from Jungkook's menacing look.

As he kept getting nearer, the loud drum of my heart was so loud, it ringed in my ears. Too stunned to move, eventually, I felt his hot breath against my skin while the tips of our noses were only a hair strand apart.

As I saw his gaze lower to my lips, the memory of him and I inside the photo booth back in Hongdae clouded my thoughts. Suddenly, he looked at me intently as if he knew exactly what I was thinking-causing my face to heat up instantly.

"Why? Are you afraid of what might happen afterward?" He uttered barely a whisper. At the sight of my reddened face, a victorious smirk graced his features.

After endless excruciating seconds, the sound of shifting wooden panels was heard. Brought back to our reveries, Jungkook and I pulled apart. Turning our attention towards the sliding doors, the happy face of Mrs. Yamazaki greeted us.

"Oh! Did I disturb you, guys?" She worriedly asked after taking note of the scene.

"No! Not at all!" I quickly replied ignoring Jungkook snickering behind me. "We're just still in shock to be sleeping in such a beautiful room together."

"I'm glad you two like it!" She replied right away, failing to catch the sarcasm in my voice at the end. "I just came to let you know that the phone lines are working again."

"Ah! In that case, I'll get going!" Not knowing how to act around Jungkook after that episode earlier, I sped out of the room despite having no intention to call anyone.

---

"Finally, the storm has subsided!" I heard a passerby exclaim in joy as he saw the previous blurry winds calm down to clear droplets against the glass. Ignoring my presence, he continued rolling down his luggage through hallways of Heisei Inn before stepping into one of the rooms.