(Arc 2) Chapter 8, The Broken Path (re1)

The bricks- Those bricks... seemed to lay themselves out before my very vision. I took a deep breath, taking a step forward. This long road... it didn't end. Whatever I found myself trekking upon, it seemed to have found me. The long sidewalk, wooden gates forming to the edges of me, stretched far, bridging into complete darkness. 

     Yet, I could hear a bell which was softly clanking. 
     It was distant. 
     Above me, as my head turned to the top corner of my vision, I saw it. A house... and snow falling from the sky. Tiny white pebbles, yet they fluttered almost like stars. The living quarters, this strange house, proved tall as the structure held plenty of windows, framed between dark wooden planks all over them. That odd kind of German craftsmanship, I see. Then came the smell of smoke... and the scent of burning nutmeg. A fireplace. It all... felt so familiar. Every fiber of my being... knew this place. Knew the setting. Knew this home. I had seen all these colors before. 
     Through the window was a figure, standing down and looking at me angrily. 
     The figure's face possessed furrowed brows of the malicious kind... and... was me

________

      I awoke. Cold sweat. In my new bed, the soft royal covers dressed me in an ease of mind. The early morning sun yawned over the house where Grace, Daniel, and I all began our new lives. Every morning. Every day. Every night. Our new lives, each to their own respective boundaries, of course.  
     Today was going to be a special day, for Grace wanted to go to Downtown Autumnia. 
     Ah, but of course. No city is complete without a 'downtown'. If there's one thing I've learned throughout all my years of coming down to humanity... it's that they really do have an affinity for their 'downtowns'. Perhaps the lovely woman wanted to go shopping for some expensive things. Dainty. Absolutely dainty things. 
     But then, she kept talking about a new friend. Allison. Hmph. Another delectably looking woman, I'm sure. I better keep my wits about me! Mhmhmhm. It feels like forever since I really enjoyed tasting another person's... affection.
     It's been about 400 years, since... I drained the love out of a human like a true vampyre

________

      "Gwyllomay! Look at that! It's soooooo cute!" Grace brightly smiled, such vibrant chuckles pouring out of her, as she pointed to a window full of stuffed animal toys. I felt impressed, truly. I thought it proved great to see her in such high spirits. She really... didn't remember anything awful which may have happened to her the other day.
      I have no doubts in my amnesiac abilities, yet it's fascinating to find that Grace doesn't remember anything from the other day. I didn't intend to work my magic that well! Mhmhmhm.
      "Yeah Gwyllomay! Look at that shit! AIN'T IT SO FUCKIN' COOL?" Daniel suddenly spoke up very loudly with a gravelly texture to his voice, happening upon a previous window along the downtown's sidewalk, its stock advertising a supply of fine china. "Look at the gradient on this motherfucker!" 
      "Daniel, you're acting like a gorilla." Grace scoffed, her foreign accent lapping itself up quite thickly. Mhmhmhm. Thickly, indeed. Like a good soup. A good soup. 
      "A gorilla? I don't- I don't... follow." This goof ran a hand through his dark-orange hair. 
      "You know. Like... a monkey of some sort." 
      "Sis, gorillas are big and black." 
      "And? You know what else is... big and black?" Grace put her hands on her hips as we stood on a large sidewalk. The sky above us, only a few fluffy clouds passing by, sent wind down our way. The air smelled like perfection. Like a... perfect blend of friendship and green tea. All these shoppes, their signs full of particle-board and etchings, had dressed the brick in wonderful shreds of seasonal decorum. Fall decorum, to be... exact.
      Also, the sexual innuen-
      "Wh- What?" Daniel's eyes widened with fright. 
      "The spider building its web right beside you." Grace pointed her graceful hand to a vivid black widow. 
       "AAGGHH! SIS! YOU KNOW I HATE THOSE! Kill it. Someone... kill it." Daniel ran out into the road, cars honking and people screaming. 
       N- Not again. 
       Meanwhile, Grace was enjoying herself over a fit of laughter. 
       "By the way, Gwyllomay, you look absolutely ravishing today. My brother likes to tease me, but I always get him in the end over that childish fear of spiders. I just can't sympathize. I adore creepy insects." Grace winked at me, her eyes scanning my usual white attire. Yes, white proved to be a color which I had held high adoration for. The lactating hue dressed me in quite the comfort. Almost all the wears on me reflected ivory, save for a pair of black shoes and silver earrings. 
      Also, I realized something very foolish regarding Grace losing all her memories from the day Eris Bathory captured her.