Quilke of the Clock - 50 -END-

Fastening the shredding of two black ribbons together around a young woman's neck, Quilke  licked his lips. "I think you're going to look fantastic, my dear." 

    Caralein shut her eyes with a slow pace. "I'm so glad to be back in your graceful company- Your natural scent, that of the icy spruce, makes me livid with euphoria!" 

    "Hm, I remember when you and I first met. We said we'd go and buy a lovely townhouse down by the water." 

    "I r- remember that as well. Y- Yes." Caralein's cheeks flushed red. 

    "Yes, it will come back to you shortly. At that time, it seemed like the sky was the limit, right? Like you and I could do anything we set our minds to." 

    Caralein's lips quivered. "It feels like it's been so long since I last saw you! How l- long has it been?" 

    "Oh, my dear, no need to fret over such minuscule things such as 'time'!"

    "But, Quilke, you were always into clocks, weren't you?" 

    His gaze widening, the vampyre put his hands straight down by his sides. "I... was. That's right. That's how you and I met." 

    Quilke stood behind Caralein, his maroon eyes staring straight ahead into his cavernous  throne. 

    "You and I," The new Lord of Polidoria began. "had been complete strangers for the longest of ages. I would go to visit the olden cities of England from time to time, perhaps to fetch a meal for myself, or perhaps to see the sights of London. Yes. I had seen just how beautiful it all was, and that's when it caught my eye. The clocks of London were absolutely breathtaking! I was a vampyre, stronger than many of the technological advancements which any of the humans had ever constructed before, and yet, and yet, I was fascinated -- almost to a lethal level -- with how sturdy and intricate the gears of a pocket-watch were. I thought that I would just live out my near infinite days tracing the bricks and side-streets of the busy England, looking for a snack with finesse, or marveling at the central clock of Edenburrow. Hah! Even now, saying that name makes me weep a tad." 

    "Eden...burrow?" Caralein's lips fell back, graced by the moistness of her own tongue. 

    "Yes, for that was where I met you, you delicate flower. Your yellow dress, choking itself around your browner skin- I couldn't get over the look of your face! You would always wear so much yellow! Hah. There you were, just a dainty little woman with a clear parasol held above you by the grace of your own two hands." 

    "Hm. It comes to me in waves and crumbles, my dearest Quilke. I r- remember your peculiarly red eyes." 

     "That's right. I wasn't like the other men, and you knew it. You were able to tell early on. What kind of a man has an obsession for Edenburrow clocks, anyway?" 

    "Only the Weldspar kind." Caralein chuckled and put a fist to the end of her chin. 

    "That's right. Me, being a lesser vampyre of Polidoria, didn't scare off all the humans quite as much. I didn't have a powerful demeanor or anything of the sort. I was quite calm. Just calm." 

    "Quiet, really. The quiet Quilke." 

    Quilke's head nodded back some in laughter. "Quite quiet indeed!"