-CAPITOL 27- Dethrone, Part One (re1)

Grace shoved her hand forcefully into her pocket. Her fingers trudged through the lint of the pants, ultimately coming up empty as they swam through the clothed space. Moving her foot forward, she immediately kicked into some barren rock. 
      General Brandon swallowed hard. His piercing eyes flashed through the darkened rock around him. Below his feet, sharp stones gurgled and boiled. 
      "This place looks a little run-down. I thought you said it was a tranquil place of paradise, Gwyllomay." 
       Grace crossed her arms over her bust. "Brandon, I think something has obviously happened here. It must not be as pretty as it once was because of someone." 
       Brandon rolled his eyes. "I'm a bit bashful when it comes to trying new things, my comrade. Sorry if I tease at this place a bit too much. Perhaps I'm just trying to get used to it, is all." 
       "Gwyllomay said the same thing once. That he was bashful unless he made incredulous jokes about... a certain thing." 
       "The Lord of all of Polidoria is 'bashful'?" Brandon's gaze widened, his back creaking forward. 
       "What, you don't think that it could be actually possible? Everyone has their quirks about them." 
       Brandon sighed. "You're right. I'm just bewildered. It's all too easy to forget Gwyllomay is human. Partly because, you know, he's not." 
      "He indeed is 'not'. I understand what you mean, nevertheless." Grace winked, her azure eyes beady and abundant. 
       Daniel's own set of copper eyes opened widely. In front of him, he took a deep breath over a pile of ash. A distraught shade of rose breathed over ahead of his orange gaze.
       "I hadn't planned on coming back to my kingdom just to see it like this." Gwyllomay held his lengthy arms to his sides, his white blazer trailing down to his waist. "Then again, it always looked like this, didn't it?" 
       Brandon's brow furrowed. "W- Wait. Wh- What? You're gonna have to run that by me again, big boy." 
       Gwyllomay took a deep breath, mist clouding around his nose. "This place is 'Southern Polidoria'. The sky is always cracking and bubbling like hell, rocks always falling and breaking about." 

       Daniel snapped his fingers and rubbed his bare chin. "Ah, I get it! The southern end of your land looks like hell because hell is the 'underworld', and the underworld is bottom, and south is also bott-" 
       "Good job, genius." General Brandon sighed, running a hand through his short locks. 
       "I mean, you know. I was just-" 
       "Really, I ought to bring you along to a literature-analysis class sometime." 
       Grace chuckled, putting a fist up to her mouth. "Oh my gosh, you're such a 'cool man', General. Stop bullying my poor brother! Does Temple even still do those classes anymore?" 
       "I'm not poor!" Daniel's red eyes darted over to his sister's nape.
       He blinked harshly a few times, his nose flaring. Through her skin, Daniel could hear the beating of her pulse. Her soft breathing felt warm, even though she stood a significant amount of feet away. Grace's position clung close to the general, her impregnable legs standing close to the man. 
       "Daniel, I would ask you to show some restraint." Gwyllomay's ruby eyes drifted to his friend. 
       "Uh! What do you mean?" 
       "Hmph. I do not wish to say it so aloud as of right now, for it would be unbecoming of me. Alas, I see you're getting accustomed to your vampiric powers. Being able to sense people's breath and pulse, hm?" 
       Daniel's face blossomed into an embarrassed hue of watermelon. "Y- Y- Uh. Yeah." 
       "And sometimes, it can be very difficult to just not have our way with those of whom we taste through the air, isn't that right?" Gwyllomay raised his hand and pointed two fingers down to Daniel's fangs. 
        Daniel nodded. "Th- That's right-" 
        Suddenly, a series of boulders began to explode around them.
        Dust invaded the air. Rocks crunched around them, as the bloody sky thundered. Lightning tore across the atmosphere high above them, rippling through wine red clouds. 
        "GAHAHAHA!" Rippled a strange cacophony of laughter.