Capitol 45 - Taste, 3

His ivory hair fell down the front of his forehead. "Hah. I wonder if Master Quilke even truly cares about this damn mutt about as much as I do." His legs fastening to a carpeted floor beneath him, a young boy breathed in the rustic smell of a store. 

    "Adoringly, what are you doing here?" 

    "Hm! A foreign voice calls out to me from the black abyss of this nice little piano shop, whoever could it be, one wonders?

    Rolling up a pale sleeve, a man with thin glasses nodded his head. "Leon Garnois, at your service." 

    "Ah yes, you and your dainty little title.

    "Hmph. 'Dainty little title'? I'll have you know that I've played over 500 shows with my army of pianists. From slick black grands, to solidly silver claviers, I have taught men -- as well as the lesser Polidorians -- how to play all sorts of keyboards." Leon ran a finger across his cookie colored skin. 

    "Ahah. One finds it so funny that one should hold themselves to such high regard. Leon Garnois- You are a lesser Polidorian." Adoringly Getchuglz twirled the back of his snowy hair. 

    Leon crossed his arms as he pulled out a white neckerchief. "Wow. Did you actually forget my real last name? Hehehe. I thought for sure someone of your caliber would always be reminded of the fact that I am a Maranopskivich, the musically inclined family. I just have come to reject the name in more recent years. It doesn't suit me for a nice 'stage-name'." 

     "Really? Why's that? There are very few people who have your name in the human world, you know.

     "Yes, buuuuut it isn't catchy." 

     "Ah, and I see it in your soul that you wish to be quite the 'catch', don't you?" 

    "We all do, Adoringly. Even you." 

    "Hmph. One thinks that one actually knows very little about me.

    "Well, 'one' would be right, because I don't know very much about you. The Maranopskiviches and the Getchuglzes have never really acquainted themselves all that much outside of the political hemispheres of Polidoria. You all are like predators over the humans, constantly trying to devour them, like they're mosquitoes and you're a frog. Hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmmm. And I thought that little black dot on your forehead was supposed to be able to 'see all', hm? So I am still quite shocked that you forgot my last name. Regardless, you do know that you're in my store, right? I purchased new carpet, by the way. Black dahlia shredding- Hope you find it suits your fancy. That said, do you wish to buy something? Also, I'd be quite cautious of demeaning the 'lesser' Polidorians if I were you. After all, Lord Quilke didn't exactly come from a royal family, now did he?"