Capitol 47 - Taste, 5

"Can you believe these bastards, Cesare? They wish still for death to always encroach itself upon their land." His hand gripping to a quill-pen, Quilke Weldspar put a hand to his forehead. 

    "My lord, they are quite annoying. Their loyalties lie too far with the former rulers of this great kingdom- Gwyllomay and Elizara." Cesare bowed. "They are blind. I ask that you have compassion for them. They're blind to their infatuation with Gwyllomay." 

    "You are seriously asking that I have compassion for a group of people who wish to end my reign and allow Thanatarus to continue having his way with the world?" Between his fingers, the quill-pen snapped in half. 

    "My lord! Please, I beseech you. Bring no harm to the Roselein family anymore than you have already done." Cesare's chest tightened. "I miss my dear Elizara." 

    Quilke rolled his eyes, his torso covered in a black overcoat. "You'll be happy to know that Elizara is fine and safe in the human world." 

    Cesare's eyes widened. "REALLY?" 

    "Hmhmhm. She has gone to find her Gwyllomay, no doubt about it. He hasn't been able to enter Polidoria on his own for a while." 

    "And, King Quilke, I must warn you that if you say his name anymore, then his presence will grace the floors of this throne-room." 

    "Who?" Quilke narrowed his eyes. 

    "D- D- Death, sir." 

    "Ah, well, I've never actually seen him in-person before, but if his force is such an unstoppable impression, then I wonder how strategic it would be to call his name aloud in front of my enemies. These rebels, what do they call themselves again?" 

    "The Oblige Defect. A group of Polidorians who have defected from your rule and wish to follow the will of Gwyllomay Polidori. The rebellion is made up of the five royal families,  Roselein, Maranopskivich, Bathory, Getchuglz, and Dellnisse-"

    "Yes, Cesare, I have read books before. Also, I haven't heard of the Dellnisse family in so long, aside from Kellnex." Quilke shook his head. "Right. Well, if they're a bunch of defects, then why do they call themselves a 'rebellion'?" 

    "What do you mean? They're defecting from your loyalty." 

    Quilke rubbed his hands together, his legs dangling from a large ebony chair which he sat upon. "No. To defect usually has meant to run away from your native land and head elsewhere. And last I checked, rebels don't run away from their point of contention." 

    His red jacket kissing the sides of his ribs, Adoringly put his arms out in front of him, taking in a deep breath. "Hah. One feels the strange feeling that one gets when one is near a familiar face. Or, when one is about to run into a person one used to know." Putting a hand up to the black bead upon his forehead, Adoringly blinked. "Ah, but of course. Lou-

    "I figured you'd be here." 

     Behind Adoringly growled the voice of Roughnin. 

      Adoringly turned his head around like a slow-moving doll. "Have I become that predictable in my time here on this planet?