-CHAPTER 34- Intoxication Loses Its Defense, Part One

Grace put two hands up to her mouth. "How is General Brandon supposed-"

    "I'm right here." The general's eyelids fluttered. 

    "General!" 

    "Yeah, I know. Spontaneous, right? Well, well, well. That's supposed to be one of the most important traits of a commander of Temple! To recognize that I'm full of sin and spontaneity,  and to use it well. Also, my ears were starting to burn an incredible amount. Were you shit-talking me up again, Grace? You're as beautiful as you are gossip." 

    Wow, I must applaud this man and get out of this frozen pose I'm in. I'm honestly so impressed, and quite grateful, for his sudden appearance. I shuffled my feet some, stepping away from the gross ghost. The teeth of the woman, if I wasn't mistaken, began to rattle, and almost melt. 

    Wait a moment. 

     Melt? 

     Brandon slowly pulled out a shadowed blade from a lengthy sheath. Each breath he took, I could feel. I watched the movements he made, his fingers twitching some on his other hand. His posture rose, in perfect aim, toward the ceiling above us. 

    "I'm sorry to burst your bubble, yet it's come to my attention that you've become a nuisance." 

    "What? How dare you insult a... LAVE-" 

    "Ugh, fucking why? You are just so full of beans today, my dude." Brandon pointed his sword down the spirit's throat. 

    "What... IS THIS POWER?" The apparition put both hands up to her hostile expression. 

    Once again, it seemed as though her teeth had begun to melt.

    "Hmph." The general simply smirked. "The lord of the abyss beckons my sword to strike you down. I shall do just that. In this. pit of black and rust, there is no self.

    In his left arm, the sword grew larger. Its charcoal colored blade extended towards the barely illuminated walls around us. As I blinked, I noticed paint crawling off the walls. 

    "Wh- What is going on?" A cough sputtered out of Daniel's mouth. 

     He put a hand up to his throat, quickly, as his eyes rolled around. 

    "Daniel!" Grace jumped to her brother, who had produced the noises of a gagging mule. 

    "General Yuichi, what in Hell-on-Earth are you doing?" I tightened my wrists. 

     Brandon's head slowly turned around to me. His sword danced about in his hand, the tendrils moistly smacking the air around them. Inside the whites of Brandon's corneas, I noticed odd shapes begin to take form. 

      The whites of his eyes became breeding grounds for dark diamond-like objects. 

     Grace now put two hands to her temples. "General! What ever it is that you're doing needs to stop! M- My brother is t- turning purple! And... I can't- AGH!" 

     I narrowed my eyes, still holding focus on Brandon's aura. 

    "General, when was the last time in which you had consumed of a fine, alcoholic beverage?" I blinked. 

     The man's face had but a large green vein, pulsing across his nose, and down to his chin. "G- Gwyllomay... Polidori of P- Polidoria, how interesting it is, to finally see you after all these years.