(Arc 5) Chapter 36, Ill of Temper

Pale skin, laid out before me, acted as a surface for my cold hand to rest over

  Pale skin, laid out before me, acted as a surface for my cold hand to rest over. Beneath a young woman's lip, there sat a tiny love-mole. The bottom of her waist shook some, her hips moving back and forth as a pile of thick blankets hugged the top of her body. 

    "Good morning, dear. I can tell you're waking up!" I felt my shoulders rise and fall, and then looked over the woman's waking eyes. 

    "Wh- Where... am I?" 

    I put my hand out, sliding my palm through the stiff air of the velvet room with blue streaks splattered on its walls. "You're here." 

    "Ugh. S- Seriously. Where's 'here'?" The woman raised her head, and tossed a pale arm out over the vermilion covers. 

    "The house of Grace Smithwell, featuring her brother Daniel and her trusty sidekick, me. Gwyllomay Polidori! A pleasure to meet you for the very second time. You must be-" 

    "Allison." The girl, her eyes rose colored, narrowed her lips. "I'm Allison. And I b- barely remember you." 

    "Huh. Is that so? Well, tell me what you do remember and I'll see if you're even remembering the right guy." 

    "Wh- What? Why?" 

    "Because it sounds like fun." 

    "It s- sounds like 'fun'?" 

    "Yes, that is what I said." 

    "That's really your rationalization for doing something?" 

    "Of course! I don't need some grandiose reconciliation to attempt to have a good life, now do I? Mhmhmhm. Could you say the same for yourself?" 

    Allison took a deep breath. "You're a weird one."

    "Hmhmhm. Thank you, dear." 

    Between our breaths, there chirped but a beat of silence between us. 

    "Why is the window closed? And why do you keep c- calling me 'dear'?" 

    I rose from a cushioned and brown chair. "Boy, you sure do ask a lot of questions. Hahaha! And you still seem so out of it after just waking up. You know," I cracked open a nearby window, its panes gracing sunlight onto Allison's bed. "this room is currently Daniel's room. And he never really likes to open up the window, for whatever reason. Afraid of the insects, perhaps?" 

    Allison looked down at her fingernails, her eyes blinking some. "D- Daniel! Wh- Where is he? Is he alright?" 

    I shrugged my shoulders and waved her down. "He's just fine, little one. He's been fine. Better question is, how've you been? You were held in that stuffy basement of some organization, last I checked. I mean, is this true?"