Capitol 26 - Darkness Seals The Desires Within Him (re1)

"Quilke Barclay Weldspar

   "Quilke Barclay Weldspar." A thin woman with short, pink hair and eyes, green like an impregnable forest, held out a pale arm. "You have not disclosed much information on your former lover, and I'd like to know what happened. As Princess of Eastern Polidoria, Donev, I request that you tell me about your troubled past. Higher and Lesser Polidorians alike might have their own motives mixed up from the people which they drain love from... or so I've heard." 

     Quilke shoved his hands into his pockets and curled up his back. His cherry eyes flickered, his posture then returning to sore and crooked. His bangs curling up over his eyes, he spun on his heel towards the princess. 
     His shadow flopped and bubbled, inking out over the bright grass. His jaw contracting, Quilke's body shook with cackles. Laughter, one wicked chuckle after the other, roughly escaped the man. Snickers invaded the space all around him. 
     "Princess Yinara, you do not have any authority anymore." 
     Yinara's emerald green eyes barked, blinking wildly. "What? Wh- What are you talking... about?" 
     "Eastern Polidoria," Quilke tossed his right hand out. "Western Polidoria, The Southern Villas, and those northern villas too. Heck! It's all just a big mistake. Death. It's just a mistake. I've killed death.
      Yinara's face reddened, her pink dress ruffling. "You-- You can't kill death." 
      "And why's that, sweet thing? Oh, but silly me. Of course! You haven't seen it. My project which is almost... finished." 
      "What are you-" 
      "My dear, little princess, did you really think you'd be in such a high position for so long... in a world full of hungry vampyres? This world is cruel, death lurks at every turn. And Death, that bloody Thanatarus, took away my precious Caralein." Suddenly, Quilke's teeth grew in size. Through the opening in his lips, a pair of silver fangs gleamed. His red eyes blossomed a swirl of melancholy apple. 
      The garden, tumultuous amounts of flowers and grass, cracked and banged. Beneath a patch of lilacs and various weeds, a force proceeded to pound up from the dirt. The earth cracked slowly, one by one, as a black pentagon rummaged underneath the tough roots and weeds. Quilke smirked. In the next moment, as the giant ebony shape tore through the earth's sensitive ground, Quilke Weldspar echoed a laugh. Raspy, cold, and creamy. 
      "Thanatarus... is just the personification of de- Oh my... God? In all that is holy and right with this world, what is that?" Yinara staggered back, her hands, covered in pink gloves, as she gripped at the vegetative earth. 
      "Inside this sleek shape rests my bride." 
      "Quilke, no!" 

       "GHHHAHAHA! Protest all you'd like, dear, little Yinara. You will achieve little this way."
       "How... many people did you have to kill... to make... that?" 
       "What ever could you be talking about, my dear?" 
       "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It always comes from somewhere." Yinara's eyes suddenly pierced a narrow scowl. "How... did you bring back a person's soul and put it in their body?" 
        "Hmph. I have my ways. Dr. Halanay proved to be of no good use after a while. It's a shame, that is. With his help, I was only able to get so far. I tried once before, failing miserably."
        "Wh- What? What do you mean you tried... once before? Are you mad?" 
        "Yes, my dear. I am madly in love! My passions and desires were all invested into... her." 
        Yinara's eyes began to water, her teeth clenching. "She m- must be hurting. Quilke, this isn't right! The dead are supposed to rest in peace! That woman, she-- She should be... resting." 
        "Your... silly, little morals are as about as little as you, my dear, tiny Yinara. GHHHAHAHA! Behold, the work that God could never master. Behold, my crowning achievement."
        Yinara held her breath. Her throat tightened, knotted. In front of her, the black pentagon opened. Steam escaped from it, a low moan pouring out. The next second, a pale arm flopped out from the middle of the shape. 
      The garden wilted. The grass faded. Above the two individuals, the sun vanished behind a series of dark clouds. Thick in their stature, the solar body disappeared as another pale arm gripped the sides of its black encampment.  
    "She's," Yinara put her hands to her chest. "alive." 

________