Chapter 21

I had one more day off so I decided to spend it with mom.

I still hadn't heard from Matt and it really bothered me, he hadn't even text me in the middle of the night.

I layed on the bed with mom and she slept on and off.

We talked when she was awake.

She looked terrible and I knew the wedding had taken alot out of her, even though she was denying it.

"I thought you would be with Matthew today?" she asked me.

I rolled onto my side so I could look at her.

"Oh he has stuff to do and other people too see and that." I said closing my eye's.

I wanted to say, I'm pretty sure he can't deal with me right now, but I didn't.

"I guess he does." she said closing her eye's and dozing off again.

I layed there and watched her and I hated it.

I hated that my mother was dying in front of my eyes.

My phone rang and I quickly got up and answered it before it woke mom up.

"Ana, it's me." It was Brian.

"Oh hey Bri what's up?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something but I'm not sure how to say it." he went on.

"Just say it Brian, I'm a big girl, I'm pretty sure I can take it."

"Well all of us guy's went out last night and um well Matt seems a little stressed."

I felt sick in my stomach.

"I dunno Ana,  I just think with everything going on with band, he's having trouble dealing with what's going on with you, maybe a little pressured even."

Oh god I knew it.

"I understand Brian, it's ok,  I already realized it, I'm just going to leave him be for awhile because he does have too much going on."

"Well I don't know that you have to cut him off Ana, just, I don't know."

"I know, it's ok,  I haven't spoken to him since Saturday night because I know I put to much pressure on him so relax Brian and thanks for telling me."

"You can call me anytime Ana." Brian said.

"Thanks." I said and hung up.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, yeah I could ring Brian at anytime, but he wasn't Matt.

I heard mom call me, I quickly wiped my face and went into her, what I saw made my blood run cold.

"Dad," I screamed "Call an Ambulance. "