Chapter 30

Matt's POV

We took my car to the hospital to see Ana's mom.

I was trying to be happy and positive for her but I was having a hard time.

I couldn't believe Jake had the hide to call her up and tell her she had to go out with him,  but in all honesty, I was more devastated that she'd agreed.

I wanted to tell her that I thought it was a bad idea, her meeting up with him, and I'd wished I'd had the balls to say that she should go out with me instead.

Her mom was awake and sitting up when we got there and Ana went straight to her side.

I wasn't sure what they were saying but I could see Ana was doing her best not to cry.

We stayed a few hours, Ana's mom was staying in there tonight and hopefully going home tomorrow.

"What are you two up to tonight?" her mom asked.

"Going out with Jake." Ana told her.

"Oh, are you two back together?" she looked at me.

I shrugged.

"I don't know,  I guess maybe, he wants to work things out." Ana said.

I really wanted to tell her that it was a stupid idea and that Jake only ever did anything for himself, but I shut up.

"Well you do what's right for you." her mom told her.

Me, I was right for her.

We left and I dropped Ana home.

"You want to come in for awhile?" she asked me.

Yes I wanted to.

"Nah, I got some things to do and I need to sort out a few things for our trip to Australia."

She nodded and leant over and hugged me.

"Thanks Matthew,  thanks for being there for me and thanks for being the best friend anyone could ask for."

I hugged her back.

Yep, best friends.