Chapter 75

Ana's POV

When Matt came out the back I swore he was breaking up with me, I had convinced myself of this, but listening to him tell me how much I meant to him, well it was what I needed to hear. I stood there with my head on his chest, just holding on to him, listening to him. Although I did have to admit he was confusing me a little, talking about making plans, but not being able to wait, even more confusing was when he went back inside. I stood there, awkwardly, wondering what the hell was going.

He came back out, and I saw something in his hand, a little box. I started crying again and I hoped it was what I thought it was. He told me he loved me and that I was his best friend and I felt exactly the same way, I couldn't live without him.

I opened the box, and the ring, well it was perfect.

"Marry me Ana." Those words, I never thought I'd be so happy to hear three simple words.

"Really?" I asked, I was so surprised by everything, I wasn't sure what to say.

"Oh my god Ana." He said pulling back and looking at me. "Yes, really."

I smiled at him. "Yes, yes of course I will." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, god how I loved him.

"Put it on." he murmured getting the ring out.

I did, it was absolutely perfect, the most gorgeous ring I had ever seen, and I liked the way it looked on my finger, even more, I liked what it meant.

"Thank god that's out of the way." Matt said smiling at me. "I got so nervous."

"You honestly didn't think I'd say no did you?" Surely not.

He shrugged. "I hoped not."

I kissed him again. "Your the only person for me Matt, who else would put up with me?"

We spent the rest of the day just at home, talking, not about the wedding, just about stuff in general, it was nice, I had missed it the last few days.

We ordered in dinner then layed around watching movies. I couldn't help but keep looking at my finger, I was bursting to tell someone, but I would wait until tomorrow, tonight was just about us.

I loved just laying in his arms on the lounge, and I didn't really watch the movie, I was just enjoying being with him.

When we got into bed I snuggled up to him, glad he was here.

"I missed you the last few days." He whispered, kissing me.

"I just didn't know how to cope." I kissed him back.

"I know you didn't, but Ana please don't try and push me away again."

That bought tears to my eye's. "I won't, I promise, besides your going to marry me, there'll be no getting rid of me then."

"Well that's the whole idea Ana, I don't want to be rid of you." He leant over and turned off the lamp. "Now go to sleep."

I kissed him again and closed my eye's. I was smiling, I didn't think I would smile again, but now, I had my whole life with Matt to look forward too.