Chapter 62

Matt's POV

Banging on the door woke me up. I was sleeping on the lounge, still in my clothes from last night and I had another killer hangover.

Banging again.

"Jesus, alright, I'm coming." I yelled.

"For fuck sake Matt." Jimmy said barging past me. "Look at you, your a fucking mess."

"It's good to see you too." I said looking at him.

"Get in the shower, we're going to Ana's. "

No I wasn't.  "No I'm fucking not."

He looked at me angrily,  actually he was really pissed off. "Get in the shower or I will fucking drag you there."

"No, I'm not." No way, she made it clear exactly how it was.

"Matt, please, this is serious, you need to go and see Ana, trust me." He sounded like he was begging me.

"Fine, but I'm not staying long, she can say whatever she wants, but it's over." And I walked into the bathroom.

What could Ana want to see me about? She made everything perfectly clear last time I saw her, which was what, six , no seven days ago. Seven days, it felt like forever.

I got dressed, I felt like shit, I'd been drinking everyday and it was catching up with me.

"Right then." I said walking out "Let's go then."

We got in Jim's car, in truth I was probably still too drunk to drive anyway.

"So what does she want to talk to me about?" I asked on the way.

Jim laughed, it was harsh. "I doubt she has anything to say."

Well then why were we going?

I looked at him. "Well why are you dragging me here. Brian was coming over."

"Shutup Matt, you idiot." That was all he said. Fine.

We pulled into her drive, there was a strange car there, Lilah's car was here too.

"Having a party?" I asked getting out.

Jim just gave me a filthy look.

We walked inside, Lilah and Josh were sitting on the lounge, they looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

Lilah shook her head and Josh looked away. Did I look that bad? Admittedly I hadn't shaved but they'd seen that before.

"What's going on?" Jim asked them.

"He's with her now." Lilah told her.

Who was with her? I looked at them, hoping for an answer, when a man came down the stairs.

Lilah stood up.

"Look, she's ok." This man said, he looked at me "She need's this, it's a pescription, and this is the name of someone I recommend she see's" He handed me pieces of paper "Now she's obviously been eating at some point, though nowhere near enough, that's obvious, and in all honesty I did contemplate sending her to the hospital,  but I think she'll be ok, but don't hesitate to call me."

He turned and headed for the door. "Oh and I've given her something to help her sleep."

"Sleep?" Lilah said "Hasn't she had enough of that?"

"Not sound, not really. She's exhausted, mentally and physically, she'll sleep soundly for awhile."

"Well um thanks for coming." Jim said walking him out.

I stood there with the papers in my hand. I looked at Lilah, Jim and Josh.

"While you've been out having a whale of a time, Ana hasn't left her bed, at all." Lilah snapped at me. "Why don't you go and have a look Matt."

"Jesus Christ, how is this my fault?" I asked them.

"You desserted her, when she needed you the most." Lilah yelled. "Go, go look."

"Geez fine, I will." I turned and walked up the stairs.

"That was a bit harsh." I heard Jim say.

Her door was closed, and I hesitated to open it, I knew once I saw her all the feelings I'd managed to hide away would be there.

I opened the door and looked in, she was laying on her back, sound asleep. I walked over closer to the bed and looked at her. God. I knelt down beside the bed and touched her face, she looked so tired and pale but beautiful.

"Ana." I whispered "I didn't mean any of it, not a word of it."

I stood up and went back downstairs.

"Well?" Lilah said "What did you think, no wait, did you see how much weight she's lost Matt, did you see her ribs?"

I looked at them and shook my head. "I'll stay, okay. And Lilah, I feel shit enough as it is, so please stop playing the blame game."

She sighed. "I'm sorry Matt, I know she is as much to blame as you. She's just so stubborn."

I nodded, yes she was.

I sat down, I was tired, and now I had a hundred different feelings running through my head.

Jim and Lilah stayed awhile, then it was only me and Josh.

"You could've told me." I said to him.

"Would you have listened?" Was his reply and he was right. Would I have? I was too busy, going out, feeling sorry for myself.

I stood up "I need sleep." And I headed upstairs. I went into the bedroom and pulled all of the blinds shut. I looked at the bed, I wondered if I should get in bed with her, I mean how would she react?

Fuck it, I thought taking of my shirt and jeans and climbing in. I rolled over and looked at her. What the fuck had I been thinking? I'd been miserable. I reached out and touched hair, she didn't move at all, I moved closer and pulled her into my arms, and yes, there were those ribs Lilah was talking about. I kissed her forehead, she'd be okay, I'd make sure she was okay, there was no way I'd leave her again.

"I love you Ana." I whispered in her ear and I closed my eye's.