Chapter 36

Matt's POV

I was really nervous and it kind of freaked me out.

When I rang her doorbell I had to keep telling myself to calm down.

She came to the door and she had on jeans but she looked fabulous. Her hair was out and I wanted to run my fingers through it.

Stop, I told myself as we got in the car.

"How do you feel?" she asked me as I drove.

"Better now, not so good earlier." It was the truth "And anyway how did you end up at my place?"

"You called me Matt." she said "You said, Ana I need to tell you something and then you hung up."

"I did?" I asked.

I can only imagine what I was going to tell her.

So?" she looked at me.

"So, I have no idea Ana, I don't even know how I got home." That was the truth.

She was quiet for the rest of the drive.

We got to the theater, I parked and we went in.

"What do you want to see?" I asked her.

"Surprise me."

So I decided horror, of course, I was hoping she would get scared.

We went to our seats and waited.

I was so aware of her because we were close and I could smell her perfume and her hair and she smelled so good.

Finally the lights went out and the movie started, not that I could watch, I was too nervous with Ana beside me.

I was sitting there deciding if I should hold her hand or not when she reached over grabbed mine and held it with both her hands.

She wound her fingers through mine and squeezed.

I looked over at her, she was staring intently at the screen.

I was happy to stare intently at her.