The Cabin in the Woods

Friday night

Nicole

DING DONG.  I looked myself over one last time before I answered the door. I was wearing a cold shoulder royal blue blouse with black leather skin tight pants and royal blue pumps. I wore cross earrings with a matching necklace, ring, and bracelet set. My hair was up in a pony tail with my bang swooping over my eye.

DING DONG. "I'm coming!"I yelled rushing out the room.

"Good evening Bra - uh Jermaine. What are you doing here?"I asked puzzled.

"Where you going?"He asked ignoring my question.

"Um out."I said annoyed.

"We need to talk."He said stepping forward.

"Ain't nothing to discuss."I said folding my arms.

"Look Nicole what you heard ain't what it seems like."

"What the hell Jermaine! I just worked on that damn case! It was what it seemed like!"

"Everything alright?"Brandon asked stepping in front of me. Jermaine's eyes widenand he mugged the hell out of Brandon.

"Yea, let's go."I said grabbing his hand and leaving a puzzled looking Jermaine.

***

"What that nigga want?"Brandon asked driving.

I could tell he was upset. He wouldn't take his eyes off the road. "He wanted to talk about being the father of your crazy ex."

"Word?"he said cracking a smile.

"Yes Brandon. He's the father."

He chuckled. "Now that's funny,  Better him than me. I can't deal with that crazy bitch."

"Yeaaa " I said dragging the word out and looking at the window.

"Hey I'm not mad, I just don't like that nigga."

"You don't even know him. "I said meeting his eyes.

"So you defending him?"

"No."

"Yea whatever. I know you too well Nicole."

"I just don't understand why you don't like him."

"Why does it matter?"

"It doesn't."I said rolling my eyes and folding my arms.

We sat in an awkward silence for a while until he finally spoke.

"Look, I don't like him because no other man should touch what's mine. I don't like him because he got to do things to you no other man but me sould be able to do. And I don't like him because he thought he had you, but you mine."

I bit my lip. That was a turn on. I tried to hold the smile back on my face but failed. He put his hand on my leg and pat my knee. We rode the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

****

"Brandon where are we?"I whined. "We've been driving for hours."

"Girl hush."He said parking. We were in a clearing in the middle of the woods. The view was beautiful though. The Stars were out, the moon shined bright, and it was quiet...you know like the relaxing kind of quiet.

Brandon pulled out a blindfold and I looked at him bewildered. "You are not blindfolding me out here!"

"Nicole-"

"Nope."

"Ni-"

"Nigga we in the woods. I'm black, you black, we don't do this shit!"