Who? Me?

(A/N soooo I'm either a terrible daughter or my dad overreacts bc once again I was grounded and I just got my phone back... anyyywhoreeeee here the update I was going to post but I got grounded enjoy!)

"Brinley?"
"Brinley is t-that you?" she asked shaking. I stood there silently. she looked so familiar.
"Mom, no this is Nicole." Ashton butted in.
"No. I know my own daughter when I see her" she snapped. "b-but I thought you were dead? I thought jack had killed you to keep people from finding out?" She continued

"That didn't work out like we thought now did it?" Luke mumbled under his breath.
I'm sure I was the only one to hear it.

"So you're ann? my m-mom? b-but but-?"

I was at a total loss. Here I was face to face with my 'real mother'. there was something I knew about her. like a sort of connection. I looked down. I wasn't sure why, but I could feel myself getting teary eyed. I didn't like people see me cry. hell joe and my 'parents' only saw me cry once or twice.

"Oh Ashton this must be such a shock to her! get her some tea please!" she rushed and guided me to the sofa. I opened my mouth to say something and closed it again.
what was I supposed to say?

"Were they m-mean to you honey? d-did he do any-" I cut her off.
"No" I snapped. by the look on her face I could tell she was surprised and hurt.
"I- I'm sorry I just- I don't know" I sighed, my voice cracking. "no they didn't do anything. they raised me like a normal kid, I guess"
Ashton came back with a cup of tea. "thanks" I mumbled.
"How did you find out?" she whispered.

"My brother joe told me one day" I said wiping my tears. "I thought it was some stupid joke. then I over heard Luke and his brother talk about it. I didn't think it was true." I snuffled still looking down not meeting anyone's gaze.

"C'm 'ere Hun" she cooed helping me off the couch and pulling me up the stairs and into a room.

A baby's room.

It had light pink walls and a small cradle and other baby needs. but in the corner there was a rocking chair and long mirror. she sat me down on the chair and pulled open a drawer with papers.
"I had this room done when I was pregnant with you...these are ultrasound pictures of you. and your rightful birth certificate" she said handing the old papers to me.

Brinley Irwin
Date of birth: July 18 1996

There I was. my name, my birthday, my pictures. this was me. and somehow I felt glad. I felt like I wasn't missing something. But at the same time it felt so wrong. I felt like I was betraying my family and I couldn't give up the family that raised me. She stood up and walked to the mirror. I followed her. I looked up into the mirror.we looked just alike. my breath was taken away. I knew where I had seen here before.
My mirror.
She was like an older version of me.

"M-mom?" I choked out fully letting the tears run down my face