Our Thanksgiving

Merida¤¤
Two months passed. We got more and more comfortable. Every six days, it was laundry day. We used rocks to scrub our clothes and we hung them outside. Food was scarce but we managed. Kids were fed first then we were.
Our old group rarely talked to eachother anymore. We were all busy.
I was now in the armory. I made sure every weapon was in top shape. I also go out and scavage for supplies and help train people with weapons. I became well known in the town, but as always I distanced myself from people. I always had from a small age.
Hiccup was now a mechanic. He also made new inventions to help us make our lives a little easier. He was always good at that.
Punzel was always at the hospital. I know she saw a lot. Everyday she'd come home, wash her bloody hands and sleep. She didn't talk to us anymore. She was too busy researching and honestly it broke my heart.
Jack was always in and out of the town. I knew he was visiting Punzel at the hospital,but he never mentioned it. He never played jokes anymore or gave me nicknames. He either spent time with Punze or with the kids down at the "school".
Mulan and Shang were now with me in the armory or training people,but they mostly trained. They got along very well with Mufasa.
Belle became a teacher at the school. She taught kids how to read and told them as much as she could about the walkers. She would sometimes take them down to the training grounds. Shane ,Mulan and I would show them how to shoot. It sounds crazy,but that's the way things are now.
Adam, John and Peter were also scavengers. I hardly ever saw them. Wendy was a baby sitter. She was known around town for her stories . Pocahontas was very well known also. She would garden and try to grow new crops. She would research animals and help care for the sick ones. She'd also make bracelets for the children with small beads or pebbles.
We had no time for eachother but one thing was clear. We were all happy. At least we weren't in the streets fighting to live everyday.
.......
The sun burned my back as I stomped across the town with a few carrots,tomatoes, onions and a whole chicken.
Today was the day our group was gathering to eat dinner together. We haven't had the chance to all be together in a long time.
I munched on an apple happily. A little girl that was picking little dandelions glanced my way and smiled while waving. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve if my sweater before returning the smile.
I walked five more blocks before finally reaching our house.

As soon as I walked in I saw the men sitting on the couches. They looked like they were having a good time. I could hear the girls talking non-stop in the kitchen.
"Was up Mer?!" Jack shouted over the talking.
All the attention was now shifted towards me.
I raised one of my eye brows and laid my hands on my hips.
"What? No nicknames ? " I asked in disbelief.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want to go back to that Flame head?" Jack responded while smirking.
" Aaaaannd they're back," I said while rolling my eyes and walking to the kitchen. The men chucked quietly as I walked away.
Inside the kitchen Mulan was looking through cabinets, Belle and Wendy were glancing at a cook book, Pocahontas was telling Mulan how the weather was going to be tonight(it was suppose to rain, and Punze was standing beside a pot of boiling water.
I walked over to her.
"Hey lass,"I said while embracing her.
She hugged me back tightley.
"Hey"
"How's work?" I asked as I pulled away.
She let out a sigh before answering,"ehh could be better. I feel like we're getting more and more injured everyday. "
I nodded understanding what she was talking about.
We scavengers had been traveling out further and further since the stores were picked clean. Turned out the farther you were from town the more dangerous it was.
" I got what you needed." I said while handing her the bag of veggies and the chicken.
"Thanks Meri!" She exclaimed happily.
I was a bit shocked by her sudden change in mood but I shook it off as I helped her take out the tomatoes and started slicing them.
.....
As soon as we knew the chicken stew was ready, we called the guys into the kitchen.
They all sat around the wooden dining table. Some sat in metal chairs while others sat on wooden stools. Some also sat on plastic white chairs.
" Meri go sit down I can handle the servings. "Punze said as she walked towards the large pot.
"No, I'm gonna help Punzel"
"I got it Mer," she said while letting out a small laugh.
" I know you do,but I wanna help," I insisted.
"Fine."
Together we served 12 bowls. Some of us weren't able to get a piece of chicken. Instead we just gave them a few slices of potatoe and half of a corn to make up for it.
Punze and I were the last ones to sit down.
Hiccup had a seat waiting for me when I was done. As soon as my bottom touched the chair, Belle suggested we make a prayer.
That's something I hadn't done in a long time.Even before the apocalypse, I wasn't close to the church, but I guess everyone could use a prayer right now.
"We can go around the table.. and give thanks... then we can ask for .. help?.. sorry it's been a while since I did this," Belle said sadly.
" It sounds good Belle," I heard Adam tell her. Belle nodded before clearing her throat.
" Dear Lord.. "
We all held hands.
Belle:" We thank you for this meal that you have given us."
Shang:" For the new.. experiences"
Mulan:"For us not being separated dispite the fact the the world I now different"
Wendy:" For the help we've received"
Peter:" For giving us hope"
Adam:" For us not turning into those beasts"
Pocahontas:"For the crops and animals that are in good health"
John:"For letting us have new adventures and letting us see things from a new perspective."
Jack:"For giving us new opportunities"
Hiccup:"For being accepted into this new society."
Punzel :" For there still being love and kindness"
Merida".... For letting us survive."