41: Bet On Me

Kakashi was looking to all the usual places she would be at. At last, he found her at the uchiha's mansion. Though it had been sealed, it was certainly one place for risei to go.

He arrived at the graveyard of all the uchiha tombstones. He spotted her lying down in between two graves while hugging something in her arms .

He walked over...

Uchiha shisui
Uchiha itachi

Those were the two names of the graves. She had her baby in her arms. Her eyes were opened. He sat down beside her feet.

Risei: oh... Kakashi.

Kakashi: finally calling me that?

Risei: gomen... I was being a bit wilful... And selfish I guess...as usual.

Kakashi: what are you doing here?

Risei: thinking.

Kakashi: of ?

Risei: .... Family. I think that's what I wanted... After running out of konoha... again and again. Shisui was both love and family for me. It was within grasp...

Kakashi: I see... How about itachi? Same?

She shakes her head as she turns on her side" itachi... Is just family. Maybe... Maybe I'm just that for him too... We were both lonely. "

Kakashi: I was there. You weren't looking.

Risei: I didn't want you to die.

Kakashi: that silly curse again.

Risei: it's not silly.  Even the sage frog said it's my destiny. Everyone will die around me... Only a few lives. Maybe like richi. I hope it would.

Kakashi: it would .

Risei: what is it? Did tsunade-sama need me?

Kakashi: no. I'm just looking for you.

Risei: ... ... Oh.

Kakashi: I almost died a few days ago.

Risei: see. The curse.

Kakashi: that's why. Curse or not. I need you to treat me seriously.

She sits up " what are you talking about?"

Kakashi: being by your side means death anyway. Might as well be.

Risei: if you're not, you won't.

Kakashi: I'm already too close by your side to not be affected by it. Don't you think?

Risei: stupid logic.

Kakashi: so is your curse.

Risei: it's not!!! The sage toad had a prediction!!

Kakashi: then you can hope for richi to not die, and not me?

She couldn't rebut " it's... It's... Different... "

Kakashi: what different?

Risei: richi is my family. You can change the woman you want to love.

Kakashi: I can't. After since we met in the ninja world war. You haven't changed. But I have. And you can't deny you haven't gotten closer to me because of that.

Risei: arrogant... Annoying...

Kakashi: arigato.

Risei: then you should be scared!! You know... They all die... You've seen it... Stay away from me.

Kakashi: then Itachi was fine?

Risei: there was a chance he would die... If he didn't... Then I could prove myself wrong. But it didn't... I was right...

Kakashi: then bet again. Bet on me.

" I'm not tsunade-sama. " And she walks pass kakashi. He held onto her arm " bet on me. "

Risei: let go.

Kakashi: what if I win this time?

Risei: what if you lose? You'll die.

Kakashi: it's just death. Everyone has to die one day.

Risei: are you crazy? You're the potential hokage. Everyone knows that. Konoha needs you!! Tsunade-sama is in coma... Konoha needs you.

Kakashi clenches his fist " I'll have both. Plus...  That is not confirmed. Bet on me. If I die, I chose this. If I win, you will never push me away again. "

Risei: I have a baby, kakashi.

Kakashi: I don't mind that.

Her tears fell... And she clenches her fist... She looks to him " I don't want you to die!!!" He pulls her in and hug her " that's why. Bet on me. I want to at least be able to love you before I die."

Risei: .... I'm... Worth it?

Kakashi: I've been waiting this long. You think?

Risei: .... Um. Ok.