Epilogue

I can't believe it's already been a year since we officially met. During that year, I've fallen in love, graduated college, scored the perfect job, gained a nephew, moved in with my now fiancé, adopted a dog with him, and now I'm helping him relocate his gym because his business has outgrown his current space. On top of everything else, I'm in the process of buying a house. Not to mention, I'm the healthiest I've ever been, both mentally and physically. Best year ever.

We're back at the place where it all started, having a picnic under the tree that Harley chased the squirrel up that fateful day. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was a nervous mess when Calum finally talked to me.

"Did you ever think we'd end up here?" I ask Calum.

I'm lying with my head in his lap, and he's running his fingers through my hair. Harley and his little bro, Benelli, are rolling around playing next to us, as they constantly do.

"Never in a million years. What about you?"

"No way. It still seems unreal to me sometimes. I never thought I could be as happy as I am now."

I lift his hand from my chest and trace the letters M.J.P., that are newly tattooed on the inside of his right wrist.

"This is healing up pretty good."

"Yeah. Let me see yours."

I raise my arm and show him the identical spot on my wrist that sports a tattoo with the initials C.T.H. He doesn't say anything, but runs a finger over the area and then brings my fingers to his lips; the lips that, at one point, I thought I could only dream of kissing. But this is no dream. This is my reality. Our reality.

__________
A/N: And there you have it, a typical sappy ending.

I want to give another shoutout to MJHood5SOS for giving me a reason to write again. I enjoyed rediscovering my passion for writing. I may not create the best stories ever, but I love putting my thoughts down and bringing them to life. That's what writing does for me: it brings me to life, and it gives me confidence like nothing else in this world.

I hope that everyone who has read this enjoyed it. Your votes, comments, and shares mean so much to me. That's what fuels me to do my best. I appreciate each and every one of you.