Protected By A Vampire Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Desiree's pov

The next morning I woke up to feel a warm body tangled with mine.

I slowly lifted my head to see that I was laying on Ian's chest and I could feel that he was still inside me.

I quietly moaned as I slid him out of me and then I slowly got up and headed to the bathroom.

After taking care of my business I walked over to the bed and saw Ian sitting up with his hands cupping his head.

Sighing silently I walked over and sat beside him and stroked his thigh before asking "Are you ok?"

Ian lifted his head to look at me before saying "No I'm not."

Giving him a sad look I asked "What's wrong?"

He shook his head and said "I'm tired of watching you in pain and I'm tired of having to be the one to protect you from your father."

I removed my hand and said "So what are you saying?"

Ian sighed and said "I guess I don't want to be your protector anymore."

I closed my eyes to hold back the tears as I asked "Are we still a couple?"

He shook his head and said "No we're not because I don't want to see you anymore and I don't want to see you in pain. I'm done Desiree."

I bit my bottom lip before saying in a somewhat calm voice "Ok I'll go tell Adam to get ready and then we'll leave."

Ian nodded and said "Ok."

As I stood up I felt Ian grab my hand as he said "I'll always keep a place in my heart for you and I'll always love you Desiree. It's just time to let you go."

Looking down at him I saw he was being honest and I let his hand go before walking to the back room to get Adam.

I could feel Ian's eyes on me but I knew it would hurt to much to look back at him.

When I got to the back door I knocked and waited a few seconds before Adam opened the door.

When he saw it was me he smiled and said "Hey what's up?"

Shaking my head I simply said "Oh I'm leaving so I thought I'd tell you bye."

Adam looked sad as he said "I'm going to miss you Desiree."

I gave him a very weak but small smile as I said "I'll miss you too Adam."

He pulled me into a hug and said "Be safe and I hope to see you soon."

I hugged him back and said "Ok I got to go so I'll see you soon."

He nodded and released me before saying "Good luck out there."

I smiled at him before turning back and walking out into the front room.

I heard the shower running so I guess that Ian was in the shower.

Tears fell as I realized that yet again, I had lost Ian and I'm on my own, yet again.

I closed my eyes before whispering out loud "I love you Ian. Please take care of everyone and I'll never forget you."

Grabbing my bag I opened my eyes and walked out the door, leaving my true love and best friend behind yet again.

Adam's pov

I was laying in bed when I heard a knock on the door.

Ethan disappeared so I had no idea where he was but to be honest I didn't really care.

I walked over to the door and opened it surprised to see Desiree there.

I smiled at her and asked "Hey what's up?"

Desiree shook her head at me and said "Oh I'm leaving so I thought I'd tell you bye."

I felt sad as I said "I'm going to miss you Desiree."

She gave me a very weak but small smile as she said "I'll miss you too Adam."

I pulled her into a hug and said "Be safe and I hope to see you soon."

She hugged me back and said "Ok I got to go so I'll see you soon."

I nodded and released her before saying "Good luck out there."

Desiree smiled at me before turning around and walking away.

I sighed and shook my head before shutting the door once again and laid back down on my bed thinking about stuff again.

Ian's pov

I felt bad for saying those things to Desiree but I was telling the truth. I do love that girl but I'm tired of seeing her hurt so that's why I let her go.

It kills me to see her hurt and it's better to let her go than watch her suffer.

Sighing I walked into the bathroom and took a shower before thinking about if I made the right choice to let her go or not.

Thinking that it was I sighed and got out of the shower then got dressed before walking into the silent front room.

Looking around I saw that Desiree had already left and I noticed that Adam was still here because I could hear his heartbeat from where I was standing.

Sighing I grabbed the keys and got in the car before pulling out of the parking lot to search for Desiree.

Desiree's pov

My tears dried up long ago and I've been walking for what felt like hours.

It's been a long day and I'm very tired.

Sighing I decided to sit down for a bit to rest my aching feet.

I sat on a bench and began to look around.

Seconds later a familiar car pulled up to the curb and none other that Ian stepped out and walked up to me before asking "How stupid are you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him before saying "I have no idea what you're talking about."

He sighed and said "Why would you go off by yourself without Adam with you?"

I looked away and said "Because I didn't want to take your best friend away."

Ian cupped my face in his hands before saying "Listen Desiree I may not want to be with you but I don't want you to get hurt. That's why I wanted Adam with you so that he could protect you."

I looked into his eyes and said "The only one who is hurting me is you."

With that I jerked my head away from his hold, grabbed my bag and walked away from him.