Protected By A Vampire Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Desiree's pov

I walked away from Ian feeling hurt and oh so confused.

Thinking that he loved me but then pushed me away yet again makes me realize that I don't mean a thing to him.

I walked for a long time until I found myself in an alley way. Sighing I went to turn around but heard voices coming from behind me so I quickly hid beside a dumpster as the voices came closer.

Once they were close to where I could see them clearly. They were both boys and they looked about my age if not a little older.

One boy had jet black hair that was short and he had sea green eyes. The other boy had dirty blond hair and hazel eyes.

I held my breath and kept out of sight while they began to talk.

"I still think that you should have told the truth about who you were."

The other guy snorted and said "What good would that have done for me David? I mean come on who cares about that crap they don't need to know who I am."

"Well Dylan if you had a brain you would have told the truth."

About that time my foot slipped and both their faces snapped in my direction.

"Who's there?"

Silence

"Come on out we know you're by the dumpster."

Not wanting to face them I dashed out of my hiding place and ran down the alley.

I could hear them behind me but I didn't stop to give them the time of day to talk to me.

As I exited the alley way I ran very fast down main street but they were still hot on my trail.

Not knowing what was coming I continued to run straight ahead until I seen a figure standing a few feet in front of me.

Not wanting to stop I ran as fast I could across the street but ran into something hard and ended up falling on my butt.

Groaning I looked up and saw my father smirking from ear to ear as he said "Well, well, well look who we got here. My daughter decided to come back to me and take the deal after all."

I stood up and took a couple steps back before I said "What do you want from me? Why are you insisting on ruining my life?"

My father shook his head and said "You know what I want and I will get it from you no matter what."

The boys that were chasing me stopped a couple feet and all I could do was stand there and wait to see what would happen.

My father chuckled and said "Look what we got here two good looking snacks for later."

I walked up to him and said "They have nothing to do with this so you keep them out of it. It's me you want."

Both boys stood frozen and confused as the looked back and forth between us.

My father stood there with a smirk on his face like he won the lottery or something.

Taking a few steps back I glanced at both boys and said "You two get out of here and don't mention anything to anybody got it?"

They both looked at me but never moved a muscle.

Someone chuckled and when I looked back at Stefan he said "They can't move because they're frozen to the cement."

I glared at him and said "What did you do?"

He smirked and said "I'm a vampire sweetheart. I can do anything."