nine.

the next morning, daniel woke up first.

he looked to his right and saw jocelyn, the girl he just met, but felt like he knew her for his whole life.

even when she's sleeping, she looks good. daniel thinks to himself.

he softly brushed a strand of her hair from her face, taking in the sight of her, looking so peaceful.

she deserves the world, and she never received anything close to it.

daniel has never met someone like her.

she was beautiful. not just with her looks, but her personality, and he loved that.

she slightly moved, yawning as she placed her hand over her eyes, and daniel smiled to himself.

she opened her eyes and turned, being face to face with him and smiled.

"well good morning." daniel smiled, sitting up slightly.

"good morning." she said softly, smiling as well.

daniel heard his phone buzz and picked it up to see several calls and texts.

he face palmed, realizing he forgot to tell he boys he was staying here.

"everything okay?" jocelyn asked, sitting up.

"yeah, i just forgot to tell the boys i was staying here." he said, laughing a little.

"oh, i'm sorry if i made you feel like you had to stay, you probably didn't want-"

"jocelyn. you didn't make me do anything. plus, there's no place i'd rather be." daniel spoke, cutting her off and blushing slightly at the last sentence.

jocelyn smiled and looked down, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"let me just call the boys." daniel said.

"okay. while you're doing that, do you like pancakes? i can make some, unless you don't like them then i can make something else - ." jocelyn rambled.

"i love pancakes joce, i'll be right out." daniel said, cutting her off once more and smiling at her.

jocelyn nodded and walked out of the room, hitting her head while mumbling 'stupid' to herself over and over until she made it to the kitchen while daniel shook his head and laughed a little.

as jocelyn got all the ingredients out, along with some fruit to snack on, daniel called corbyn.

"daniel! are you okay? where are you!?" corbyn asked as soon as he answered.

"calm down, i'm fine. i was with jocelyn."

"ooooou you and jocelynnnnn." zach teased.

"shut up, it wasn't like that." daniel said, rolling his eyes.

"i saw her crying when you guys left. is she okay?" jonah asked.