twelve.

the next morning, jocelyn woke up first.

this time it was her admiring his features as he slept.

she's never been this happy before. she has been smiling so much that her face is sore.

she was excited for the date as well.

jocelyn has never felt this way before. her prior boyfriend she liked, but didn't feel this way.

to her, it felt like her and daniel were meant to be together, as if they were made for each other.

she got up quietly, and felt overwhelmed.

i should go talk to emily,  she thought. she'd know.

she left daniel a quick note just in case he woke up and fixed her hair a little before heading downstairs.

"good morning emily." she said happily.

"good morning. what're you doing down here so early?" she asked.

"can we talk?" she asked.

a few days ago, jocelyn told emily about her life at home and why she moved here. emily felt an even stronger connection to the young girl and went home that night, telling her husband about it.

her husband loved how much jocelyn seemed to brighten emily's days.

he was thankful that his wife felt like she had a child on her own even though she wasn't.

"of course we can." emily smiled.

"well, daniel asked me on a date last night." she said excitedly.

"that's amazing!" emily exclaimed.

"i know. it's just, we met two weeks ago. and ever since we did meet he's been on my mind more than anyone or anything. i have completely fell for him emily. he's the first thing on my mind when i wake up and the last thing i think about when falling asleep. everything he does, everything he says, everything he is. i can't even explain the way i feel about him. he's just special."

emily looks at the girl, happy for her. she's finally getting what she deserves, happiness.

"i think you're falling in love with him." emily says, smiling.

"but i just met him?" jocelyn says, eyes wide.

"honey, time means nothing. character does."

jocelyn looks at emily, thousand of questions but she pushes that out of her mind.

am i falling in love with daniel? or do i already love him? she asks herself in her mind.

"maybe i am."  jocelyn says.

"are you busy tonight?" emily asks her, hopeful eyes.

"no, why?"

"my husband, david, was hoping to meet you. i wanted to invite you to dinner."

"i'd love to go! can you text me the time and address? i should head back up, daniels here."

"ohhh, i know. i saw he didn't leave last night before i left." emily winks.

jocelyn blushes and rolls her eyes playfully.

"shut up. i'll see you tonight, love you." she says, smiling.

"love you too!" emily calls as she walks away, smiling.

jocelyn was happy, she finally felt like she had an actual mother. one who made effort to speak to her and be in her life.

jocelyn makes her way back to her apartment and opens the door to see daniel cooking breakfast for the two of them.

"good morning." he smiles.

"good morning." she says, happy.

"what were you talking to emily about?" daniel asks, curious.

"she invited me to dinner tonight to meet her husband." jocelyn said, leaving out everything about him.

"that's great!" daniel says, knowing how jocelyn sees her as a mother figure.

"i know. i'm excited." she says, sighing contently and sitting at her counter.

"so about our date..." daniel starts, placing a plate of eggs and bacon along with toast in front of her.

"thank you." she says and looks at him waiting for him to continue.

"i was wondering if you'd have any interest in going to the zoo?" he asks nervously.

"really?" she asks.

he wasn't sure how she meant it and instantly became more nervous.

"unless you would rather-"

"i love the zoo!" she cuts him off, her eyes brightening.

"as long as they have giraffes." she adds.

"would it really be a zoo if they didn't?" daniel asks, laughing.

"i guess you're right."

"so you're really okay with going to the zoo? i didn't know if you-"

"daniel, we could go to the grocery store or even just stay here and i'd still be happy. i promise." she tells him.

"and thank you for breakfast. and for everything else you've done for me. i appreciate it a lot." she says truthfully.

daniel smiles at her and nods, sitting besides her as they eat.

as long as she was happy, he was happy.

every minute of the day, even when he isn't with her, he falls for her even more.

he could picture a future with her. waking up to her every morning and falling asleep beside her each night. 

the love he has for this girl that he had just met two weeks ago is beyond anything he's ever felt for a girl.

i just met you, but i love you more and more each day. he thinks to himself, smiling.