epilogue.

one year later.

"you did amazing baby!" jocelyn said as daniel came off stage. "i'm so proud of you."

"god i love you." daniel groaned, kissing her.

"you two seriously gross me out." zach said, acting like he was throwing up.

"oh shut up, you love us." jocelyn laughed.

it's been a year since david and emily sadly left.

both of them, leaving behind everything of theirs to their daughter, jocelyn.

jocelyn was absolutely heartbroken when they both passed.

but daniel along with the other boys were there for her every step of the way.

she stayed at the why don't we house for a week or two after that, not wanting to be alone, not wanting to pass the desk where emily would usually be at just about every morning.

not a day went by that she didn't think of the two of them.

she still went to the gym every day though, usually jonah or jack would come alone with her, sometimes both.

the six of them grew closer and closer each day.

jocelyn was shocked with the money her parents ( emily and david ) left behind for her.

but as time went by, she didn't get over it, she accepted it.

everything happens for a reason.

her and daniel became even closer, and finally started officially dating about a week or two after their deaths.

very rarely, they would fight. sometimes it'd be over something stupid but in the end, they knew they loved each other and got over themselves.

a year ago, jocelyn only wanted two things; happiness and to feel loved.

and in this exact moment, resting her head on daniels shoulder as he kissed her forehead and the rest of the boys joked around, all of them sitting together,

she knew she had those things

and so much more.