XIII: I am

Azalea's POV

"I can see that you woke up on the right side of the bed, precious. Want to tell your dad what's making you so joyful today?" Iyan ang sinalunong sa'kin ni Dad pagkababa ko palang ng hagdan.

Tumawa ako at lumapit sa kanya. Hinalikan ko siya sa pisngi.

"Good morning, too, Daddy."

"So..." He said, raising an eyebrow. "What's the reason behind your enthusiasm for today? I want to know."

I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. You're too nosy, Dad. Maganda lang ang gising ko," natatawang sabi ko.

"Hmm... you sure?" Pinaningkitan niya pa ako ng mata kaya natawa talaga ako.

"Stop looking at me like that. Nothing's new, Dad. Well, except for Nelly having a lovelife. I'm happy for her." Well, that was true.

One reason why I'm in a good mood today is because of Nelly's recent lovelife. She looks so happy and contented. I'm really glad she found her right match. I just hope Lazarus is serious with her.

And another reason why I'm happy—the biggest reason—is that I spent my whole night exchanging messages with Braxon.

After I said good night and he replied, I tried to sleep. But I can't. So I texted him again if he's already asleep. He replied immediately and told me that he was not tired and he couldn't sleep, too. That's how we started our conversation.

I think we're friends now, aren't we? I enjoyed texting him last night. He was very attentive to my messages and he always reply quickly.

"Cornelia's in love? I never thought I will hear that news," hindi makapaniwalang sabi ni Dad.

My parents knew Nelly. That wasn't a news because she's my best friend. Of course they know her.

"Me, too, Dad. But I guess... everyone's capable of loving." I shrugged.

An unwelcome image of a man crossed my mind. How about him? Has he ever been in love?

"I hope you won't experience that until you're thirty." He shook his head.

"Dad!" I made a face. "Don't you want me to be happy?"

"Of course I want you to be happy. But I don't want to share you yet to other guy out there. If you fell in love, you will love him more than you love me."

Ngumuso ako. Father's love to his daughter.

"That's different. I will love you both in the same level but in a different way." Tumabi ako sa kanya sa sofa at yumakap sa baywang niya. "Besides, even if I got into a relationship someday, that won't change the fact that I'm your princess. Since I was a little girl until I became a fully grown woman, that fact won't change. Right, Daddy?"

Ngumiti si Dad at hinalikan ang ulo ko.

"That's right, precious. You're daddy's princess. Always."

"And what am I? The evil sister?" Sabay kami ni Dad tumingin sa pintuan kung saan nakatayo si Asi.

"Asi!" Masayang bati ko.

"Hello, sissy. Hi, Daddy. I miss you." Lumapit siya at hinalikan kami ni Dad sa pisngi.

"Stassi, no boys?" Natatawang tanong ni Dad. Ngumuso si Stassi at umupo sa kabilang gilid ni Dad.

"You're my only man for today, Dad."

"No classes for today?" Dad asked.

"None. So I will stay here until tomorrow," nakangising sabi niya.