The Awakening

It was a few days ago, Team Pincer omitted Korah to their guild's sick bay where Clifford is briefed about what happened. They told him about the abandoned factory actually destroyed by the creatures of black ash and soot, one of them was probably the source of it all and made Korah what he is now. As they described the dead creature's appearance, Clifford's expression changed from serious to horrified. To answer their description, he looked up and showed pictures and art pieces of a malevolent god known to history as Typhon, the Father of Monsters.

In Sorin and Maxine's opinions, they're a dead match. She managed to take a photo of it with her Wise-tone before its destruction and showed it to him. The resemblance was uncanny while comparing it to the early depictions, but he wondered about the pirate fighting him. They don't know any thing about her, all that they know is that Korah made a distasteful expression at her visage signaling that he hated her for some reason. He'll let that slide for now, all they can do is wait for Korah to recover until then.

When he finally wakes up from his collapse, he finds himself in the guild's hospital... Yet again. It wasn't as bad as last, but for some reason he feels much colder than usual. He pulls the hospital blankets and covers himself into a roll shivering down to his spine. After all that burning and ash inhaling back there, he needed some water right now. He finds the nurse button and hits it alerting a nurse to help him a bit. After a minute, one of their guild members comes in with a tray of food and water seeing Korah shiver like a newborn kitten hidden in a blanked.

Nurse Kelly"😚Aww, is someone a little too cold?"
Korah"😖Yes pplease... What's the tttemperture?"
Nurse Kelly"Why it's 70 degrees, nothing wrong with that right?"
Korah"😫N-ne-n-no way! Do I h-h-have a f-f-fever again?"
Nurse Kelly"Let's check on that, shall we?"

She gives him a special thermometer and attaches it to her Wise-tone, waiting after a minute for results. She sees his temperature reads 200.9 Fahrenheit, practically doubles the normal human temperature standards. This was bad in her medical opinion and feels her head with his, yet his temperature seems normal to her. It may have been the app on her tone was outdated and maybe unreliable for real medical use.

Korah"🤒Well?"
Nurse Kelly"😶Umm... 😊Give me a minute or two, I'll have to get you a real thermometer and another blanket, okay?"
Korah"😰Thank you, I guess."
Nurse Kelly"😘Be right back~!"

As she walks away, Korah finally gives into his hunger that was bothering him while he was cold. He slowly comes out of his covers and hugs himself from the cold, he picks up his tray and prepares to gorge himself. It was a hearty beef noodle stew with a side of chicken curry bun and a cup of ice water, he's already cold as he it. Why? He slurps in his flat rice noodles with gusto and satisfaction, he's never eaten this go for weeks now. For that he ate at his own past to enjoy his meal.

After finishing his soup broth, a gleam comes from the desk near the foot of his bed grabbing his attention. Korah sees a new backpack containing the crystal lamp along with a note from Maxine. He drinks some and puts the tray aside, picking himself up and walks across the cold floor bear footed. He grabs the pack of treasure and heads back into bed, planning on seeing what else is in there.

{You have obtained a 💰New Packpack}
{You have regained most of your items}
{You have gained the 🔮Mystic Lamp}

First of all, he reads Maxine's letter and reads it, "Darling, I hope you love this new pack I've picked out for you. I tried to retrieve everything from your old pack that was burned in the ashes before the mermaid fiasco. I put them in plastic baggies so that they wouldn't make a mess in there. Love, Maxine." Maxine was always a caring woman when it came to Korah, if it wasn't for him she wouldn't have met Sorin and the team. He hopes that those two would make the connection already.