The Homestead Arc: Visitors

Korah had everyone well rested and fed by making a quick stew for all to share, large enough to feed a platoon. Everyone was also medicated and bandaged from the damages they gain supposedly from the explosion. "Okay, before I blame all this on Sorin again-"

Sorin"Hey!"
Korah"Kidding, I'm kidding! But seriously... What. Happened."
Shantae"Well... Umm..."
Tuuki"I'll help explain, it all started like this..."

Tuuki explained that ever since she smacked the deformed squid Korah from home, everything went dismal; especially when Shantae started to cry like a big fat baby as if seeing her parents running off on her. She tried to calm her down by comforting her, yet it didn't work at the time. All Tuuki did was to coddle her to calm her down so that she can figure things out.

Rottytops"Oh you poor thing!"
Shantae"I didn't know what too. I got really scared, I-"
Tuuki"Shhhh.. Let me finish love."

As she rubbed Shantae's head and Rotty swaddling her with herself, Tuuki continued saying that she thought that Korah might've hurt Shantae from his confused form. And she realizes that it wasn't the wisest thing to throw the owner of the house they're taking lounge in outside without considering what will happen to them.

After she put her into bed due to the late hours, though it was hard to tell from the constant rain blocking any residual light from the sun, she heard an odd sound that haunted her. Tuuki was still new to this age's technology, because Korah's wise-tone keeps ring every minute. She managed to find it within the confines of one of his pairs of pants, unfortunately it was unclean- nearly made her vomit just from the sight of the black sand crusts of at the bottom hems of his cargo shorts. So out of revolt, she tossed them into a garbage bin and closed the lid.

Korah"😤Hey!!"
Tuuki"😒I'm truly sorry, but they were disgusting."
Korah"😠I was going to was them!! I just didn't find them in time."
Tuuki"😏Oh really?"
Korah"Yes really!!"
Sorin"🤔Wait, this is why you didn't answer any of my recent calls?"
Korah"Stay outta this, bro!"
Shantae"😥Please, don't fight." Shantae holds on to Korah's shirt pleading him to stop and let her continue with her story.
Korah"Sigh... Okay. Continue."

Tuuki continued her story, she found his wise-tone not knowing how to turn it off. When she tried to, she accidentally answered it hearing a new voice. The voice being Maxine, asking if there was anything wrong at Korah's end. She didn't say anything for an awkwardly lengthy amount of time, but it was concerning to Maxine as the lasting she said was "I'm coming up there, your brother will be coming too." And with that she finally hung up, but then Tuuki was panicking at what to do.

All she did was cover up the broken window with an enormous rain tarp large enough to cover the entire broken section, nailing it down ignoring the cold rain. She silthered and hopped everywhere to at least try to spruce up the place without raising any suspicion. After trying her best, she was going to make a dummy of him and use it as a puppet. But there wasn't any time left as she heard the elevator coming up from the bottom floor and was closing in fast. All she could do is hide herself back into her urn and placed herself in an inconspicuous place blending in with the furnishing. From her view, she saw two strangers coming out of the doors; a glasses wearing dominatrix, and a blond hero with a white cloak; noting that it was Maxine and Sorin.

Sorin"Hold on a sec snake lady, let me take part in this story for now."

Sorin continues the story with his segment explaining the reason why they were here; with Maxine was worried about her last tone call with Korah. The long silence Maxine called was really scaring her and asked Sorin if he could come up to his house, being the only one in their team with the access key, that and he was his family even if they're stepbrothers. Team Pincer was prepping up for the mission that Korah set up, and the member issuing it wasn't responding normally which was a definite red flag for trouble. So with no choice both he and Maxine went up to his house while Wallis and Click continue the preparations.

Once there, they called out to their friend finding out where he is and scrutinized the place. To the best of Sorin's knowledge, the penthouse only has four places: the living room, the owner's bedroom, the balcony, and the secondary bedroom. Sorin was impressed right away that all of Korah's stuff was finally organized somewhat, in his opinion it was a lot worse the last time he was here. He wasn't sure if he should be concerned about the near cleanliness or not, unsure if it's some sort of cover up. Maxine looked at his bookshelf, seeing all the books he's been hoarding; strongly he has more comics than usually, most of these issues he's not normally fond of.

Korah"Those other magazines were for her, not me."
Maxine"Of course not darling. Besides, there's nothing that can tame that mane anyway."
Korah"Yeah your probably righ- Hey!"

Sorin found Korah's wise-tone on his couch at 30% energy, thinking that he was here at some point. Maxine examines the kitchen seeing that he had a big dinner, yet their were three plates present and one of them had a half eaten gator steak. To Sorin, Korah would only invite either his teammates or some of his foster family; he's very reluctant to bring in strangers to his home unless it was urgent.

That is until he heard a light moan in the bedroom, forcing him to peep through the door. He assumed that Korah was actually sleeping in his bed, assuming that he was probably tired from doing something important. He needed to wake up soon as his vacation time was up and his mission was at hand. Sorin wondered where his equipment is for the mission, until his question was answered when he looked in the other room. It was used as a the storage room, with a pack ready for a two week long assignment. They both could've had a sigh of relief if it wasn't for the chill in the air coming from the tarp.

They assumed that it was probably removed for revocation, until Maxine examined by pulling off it finding a large shattered hole. They were shocked to see it in flashes of lightning, connecting everything in their heads and came up with this; Korah must've brought in some strangers who're injured and brought them in and gave them food, and afterwards they pushed him off into the window and sent him into the rapids. And now they're in his bedroom sleeping their heads off. Korah was only kind enough to help the injured and they took advantage of his kindness, it will not go unpunished. They snuck into the bedroom and tried to capture them, probably ready to torture them for what they did.

After uncovering and scaring the living daylights of their target, they found a cute pointy eared girl on the verge of wetting herself, obviously Shantae. They were reluctant to even trying to hurt her, let alone interrogate her. Maxine was the only one to comfort any sad soul with her... Mmm... Big- Mmm...... Tah-Tahs. He was planing on grilling her for answers after she calmed down, until his was tapped by the shoulder making him see a giant scary snake lady out of nowhere.

Click"And you screamed like a little bi-"
Sorin"Don't!! I was just scared, I didn't scream!"
Wallis"😛Your ascreamin' right now, mate."
Sorin"😡Shut it Wally!!"
Korah"😫Knock it off!! 😠Be happy that I'm not reporting this to dad as home invasion!"
Sorin"😳..."
Korah"Now please continue, you're upsetting Shantae."
Maxine"😘Dear, let me hold the baton this time- ouch! 🤕My butt... I'll tell my round of it."

After seeing Shantae one the verge of crying yet again, Sorin lets Maxine continue on with her side of the story. She tells him that Sorin was so scared by Tuuki's sudden appearance that he blacked out after ten seconds like a little girl having her first period. While she was talking about her side, a cloaked figure stand in the rain from a far on top of a building second highest to the Moonlit Nestle, waiting and watching. Every rain that hits him became frost, the area around him frozen like a lake; the only visible part of him was his bare feet. ❄️
----------

The plot thickens for another time, the first part of Shantae's Arc and all of Korah's friends were in on it. See you next time and I hope you liked it.
- Kanadzuchi