Chapter 1

It was your senior year finally! Except you're moving to Trost. Whoopie...Your dad had received a promotion and was determined on moving. Claiming it was better for the family.

You arrived at your new home and sighed. You walked inside and saw it was dull but homie. You walked upstairs to where your room would be and set down your bags.

"Start unpacking your things. The moving bus will be here tomorrow," your dad called.

"Okay," you replied and then went down to the car and grabbed a few more boxes and walked up to your room and began to sort things out.

After a few hours of unpacking you soon finished. You sighed in exhaustion and then heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," you called and then raced downstairs and went over and opened the door.

There stood a blonde haired girl who is just about the same height as you. You were short, I guess that makes you two have something in common.

"Hello. You're the new neighbors aren't you," the girl said and you nodded.

"Yeah. We just moved. Which house is yours," you asked.

"The one across. One of my friends lives to your right. You'll probably meet him at school. My other friends house is a ways down. I'm Annie by the way," she stated.

"Nice to meet you, Annie. I'm (y/n)," you said and smiled.

"I can show you around town if you want. Everything is in basic walking distance," Annie said.

"Oh sure," you said. "Mom! Dad! I'm going out with a friend."

Without waiting for a reply you closed the front door and headed down the street with Annie as you two headed into town.

As you walked through town you passed by a few bakerys, arcades, a park, and even a Starbucks. Oh, what you would give to have some right now.

"Hey Annie. Do you think we could stop by Starbucks and get a little something to drink," you asked politely.

"Sure but I'm paying. Think of it as a welcoming gift," Annie said and smiled a little.

You smiled back and nodded. The both of you then headed inside to get something to drink.

Annie went over to order your drinks. You sat down and waited. You began to gaze around admiring the town. It was different then where you use to live but it seems a bit more friendly.

Annie got the drinks and walked over, sitting across from you.

"So, why did you move," she asked curiously.

"My dad got a job promotion and claimed moving would be better for the family. It feels like he's more focused on getting more money," you stated and sipped your drink.

Annie nodded understanding. She then looked to the side and sighed.

"I don't have any parents. I've been living on my own since about thirteen. They abandoned me and then died in a car crash. I say it was karma," Annie stated.

"I'm sorry to here that," you replied.

"No. It's okay," she said and then put on a small smile and you smiled back.

"Hey Annie!"

So, what do you guys think so far? Was it worth the wait? Anyway. Keep on reading my friends. :P