t w e n t y

A/N: Explicit contents contain this chapter so, if you aren't comfortable reading those, you can stop at that part when it comes. Enjoy!

----

Days have passed and Lauren noticed the slightest change in Y/N's demeanor. She wasn't as mean as she used to be to Cash every time she'll see them at the hallways of Walnut Hills, and what Lauren took note the most was the lack of interaction between the two of them. Was she crazy for seeking for Y/N's attention even if she knew that she'd just piss the hell out of her? At least she'd talk to her. But Rick was serving as a barrier between them and Y/N was staying away from them because of Rick. Lauren has no idea that it was more than that.

This sudden change had both negative and positive effects. Reece was more comfortable with Normani now because Y/N wasn't around and he didn't get jealous anymore. Rick was doing better and he was working on the promise he made.

There were no bullying reported. They don't see him randomly beating up someone inside and outside the school, and Lauren's friends were starting to be okay with him and accept him in the group. Even Normani was, no matter how unbelievable that was but it still bothered her whenever when he was around. Looking at his face reminded him of what he did to her family but on the other hand, he was also being nice to them so she was most likely to be conflicted. He'd help the girls whenever it was necessary that they're starting to think that he was trying to do what Y/N did before to get the students' trust back.

Camila was growing worried though. She realized that if Y/N was staying away from them and Rick was becoming a part of their circle, their lives would be in danger—not literally but close. She still couldn't trust Rick fully and was worried that he could hurt them easily if he's closer to them. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. That's what Camila thought Rick's doing.

However, Lauren always had a soft spot in Camila and she could see that the green-eyed girl was happy that they're getting along. Their effort alone of giving Rick a chance was more than enough for Lauren and Camila wasn't the one to ruin that. While eating, she glanced at Y/N's table by Starbucks and saw her distractedly sipping on her coffee as her eyes were looking at nothing in particular. Never in a million years she had seen Y/N this troubled. Camila thought it could be a problem regarding Lauren—that's why she's keeping distance between them—or it's a family issue. Lauren have also mentioned to them that Y/N will be gone for four days but it has only been three and Camila as wondering as well.

When Physics came, Y/N decided to take the farthest table on the back of the room, not in the mood to listen to whatever's Mr. Dick was talking about. It wasn't because of his name alone that amused and annoyed Y/N but it was his way of teaching. It was almost as if Y/N was in church and not in school by the way he talked and she knew she didn't have the time for this.

She thought of Brooke coming home before Christmas. Usually, she gets excited whenever she gets reunited with her sister but with Lauren in her mind—and the knowledge that she'd probably still be there by the time Brooke comes back—her sister would notice something was wrong and she didn't know how to tell her everything. Wait. She doesn't have to know, does she? If nothing really happened between Lauren and Y/N, there's no story to tell. But there was more than "nothing" that happened between the both of them and it wasn't just a one time thing because Y/N was pretty sure it didn't happen just once. No, it did not, and Y/N mentally slapped herself for letting it happen more than once. Fuck.

Suddenly, she felt eyes on her and looked up to see Mr. Dick staring at her in disbelief. She cursed out loud?

Y/N raised an eyebrow as her arms were folded in front of her chest. "What?"